Hi all. First day of uni was meh :/ how are the new freshers finding it

Ooo you are uni student now! How was it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Secretnerd123

OMG how was it hun, I have not even started yet lool:biggrin:
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
OMG how was it hun, I have not even started yet lool:biggrin:

it wasn't as good as i thought it's be. hopefully it will be better tomorrow inshaAllah

University is hella over rated.
Original post by Anonynous

KAAEE.

Help me please.
Can you explain PPF/C diagrams and the how opportunity cost, scarcity, trade offs effect it.

Please. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3626
Hi everybadyyyyy i'm new here (or am I) so welcome me. :biggrin:
it wasn't as good as i thought it's be. hopefully it will be better tomorrow inshaAllah

In Sha Allah hun :smile: Aww I have not even started yet, so I have no clue how it will be like. :biggrin:
Original post by Aniga
Hi everybadyyyyy i'm new here (or am I) so welcome me. :biggrin:

Salaam :smile: how are you?
Reply 3629
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Salaam :smile: how are you?

Not too bad. And yourself?
Original post by missfats
KAAEE.

Help me please.
Can you explain PPF/C diagrams and the how opportunity cost, scarcity, trade offs effect it.

Please. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Production Possibility Fronteir... Oh the days :P

It shows the maximum optimal output of the economy, given under the assumption that all the variable inputting factors are operating at maximum efficiency. This relates to the Factors of Production (Land, Labour, Capital & Enterprise).

The PPF = LRAS essentially, showing the maximum possible output a company is able to produce at.

Because the PPF shows the maximum, let's take two variables to simplify what it's trying to show.

Let's assume an entire economy only produces motorbikes and cars. We can associate the X axis with Cars and the Y axis with motorbikes. Now the PPF is showing what the economy can produce with all its factors of production employed.. thus we can assume, if we are to produce at Point C on the curve we will produce C1 cars and C2 motorbikes, as illustrated.

Now.. if an economy realises there's more money to be made by producing motorbikes, they may decide to distribute the available factors of production towards motorbike manufacturing. This is illustrated by the movement from C->B on the curve. Thus an economy will now only produce B1 amount of cars but B2 amount of motorbikes. I think by now you understand the foundational concept.

To produce more of one thing, you have to give up the other if all factors are operating at their maximum efficiency. This shows an opportunity cost, as whoever runs this particular economy would have to make a decision as to whether to maintain production at current levels or produce more of one thing in sacrifice of another.

It resembles scarcity in the fact that there's limited input. There are only a finite number of resources (factors of production: Land, Labour, Capital, Enterprise) in which to work with. So allocating those resources efficiently is vital to the success of an economy.

The trade-off in this instance would be.. should we manufacture more cars? more motorbikes? or maintain current levels?

If you want I can briefly explain how the PPF can shift out, as we just talked about movement along the curves for your question.

If there's anything more you require explaining, don't hesititate to hit me up :tongue:
Production Possibility Fronteir... Oh the days :P

It shows the maximum optimal output of the economy, given under the assumption that all the variable inputting factors are operating at maximum efficiency. This relates to the Factors of Production (Land, Labour, Capital & Enterprise).

The PPF = LRAS essentially, showing the maximum possible output a company is able to produce at.

Because the PPF shows the maximum, let's take two variables to simplify what it's trying to show.

Let's assume an entire economy only produces motorbikes and cars. We can associate the X axis with Cars and the Y axis with motorbikes. Now the PPF is showing what the economy can produce with all its factors of production employed.. thus we can assume, if we are to produce at Point C on the curve we will produce C1 cars and C2 motorbikes, as illustrated.

Now.. if an economy realises there's more money to be made by producing motorbikes, they may decide to distribute the available factors of production towards motorbike manufacturing. This is illustrated by the movement from C->B on the curve. Thus an economy will now only produce B1 amount of cars but B2 amount of motorbikes. I think by now you understand the foundational concept.

To produce more of one thing, you have to give up the other if all factors are operating at their maximum efficiency. This shows an opportunity cost, as whoever runs this particular economy would have to make a decision as to whether to maintain production at current levels or produce more of one thing in sacrifice of another.

It resembles scarcity in the fact that there's limited input. There are only a finite number of resources (factors of production: Land, Labour, Capital, Enterprise) in which to work with. So allocating those resources efficiently is vital to the success of an economy.

The trade-off in this instance would be.. should we manufacture more cars? more motorbikes? or maintain current levels?

If you want I can briefly explain how the PPF can shift out, as we just talked about movement along the curves for your question.

If there's anything more you require explaining, don't hesititate to hit me up :tongue:

Yaaaaaas! Omg I am buzzing! I actually do understand it now properly!! Thank you so much kar!

I just love economics so far! So interesting.

I would definitely make sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yaaaaaas! Omg I am buzzing! I actually do understand it now properly!! Thank you so much kar!

I just love economics so far! So interesting.

I would definitely make sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to be of service :tongue:

It's an amazing subject, you'll love it.
Glad to be of service :tongue:

It's an amazing subject, you'll love it.

Aha yep! Do you have any notes on AS?

Can you please tell me the best revision websites!
I know tutor2u.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aha yep! Do you have any notes on AS?

Can you please tell me the best revision websites!
I know tutor2u.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watch PajHolden's videos on Youtube and Economicshelp online is pretty useful. I don't have any AS notes, although I have a fair few for A2.
Watch PajHolden's videos on Youtube and Economicshelp online is pretty useful. I don't have any AS notes, although I have a fair few for A2.

Username change?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watching him now.

I like him

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is there 100 people on my course but only 3 guys :lol:
Didn't know psychology was so female dominated haha

Joined a somali soc and a few other socs. Woop woop

Yeah freshers is too overrated.

Dont like your new name change btw. You should've chosen something witty :tongue:

How'd you get your name changed? I kinda want to get mine changed too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending