Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can I attend a University of Cambridge open day without booking?

I really want to go to the Cambridge open day on Friday as I am considering applying to study there later on this year. I booked accommodation in advance, however, stupidly forgot to book myself into the actual open day.

I have emailed the university and asked if I can go without booking and they have told me that I can't; will I get turned away if I turn up without booking? Or will I at least be able to look around some collages and faculties to see what they are like? According to all the Cambridge college websites I have to book to attend, but according to some forums I can still have a look around without booking.

Please help! I don't want to drive for nearly 5 hours to find out that I'm literally not allowed to look around the university at all!

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElementaryMyDear)
    Can I attend a University of Cambridge open day without booking?

I really want to go to the Cambridge open day on Friday as I am considering applying to study there later on this year. I booked accommodation in advance, however, stupidly forgot to book myself into the actual open day.

I have emailed the university and asked if I can go without booking and they have told me that I can't; will I get turned away if I turn up without booking? Or will I at least be able to look around some collages and faculties to see what they are like? According to all the Cambridge college websites I have to book to attend, but according to some forums I can still have a look around without booking.

Please help! I don't want to drive for nearly 5 hours to find out that I'm literally not allowed to look around the university at all!

Thanks in advance.
    When I went last year everyone could just look around, there was no formal check in or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparticus515)
    When I went last year everyone could just look around, there was no formal check in or anything.
    Thanks! Do you know if it's possible to attend any lectures or tours without booking too? Or can you only look around?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElementaryMyDear)
    Thanks! Do you know if it's possible to attend any lectures or tours without booking too? Or can you only look around?
    I'm not sure because I only looked around, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparticus515)
    I'm not sure because I only looked around, sorry
    No need to apologise, thanks for responding

ReputationRep:
    University departments might turn you away if you haven't booked, but colleges are far less likely to do so.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.