Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mixed feelings: Can't imagine life without them, but also unhappy relationship... Watch

I wonder if anybody has been in this situation and how you dealt with it all in the end.

I've been with my partner for a long time so we pretty much love each other and also piss off each other very much. The relationship has just been slowly dying with boredom and communication issues. It just seems hard to imagine how things will be fixed, especially when it's something we have constantly talked about in the past. So I'm really pessimistic about the relationship. Yet at the same time, I know if we were to end things between us, that'd basically be the end.

How do you cope with the feeling of wanting to keep them in your life but also thinking the relationship is over.

ReputationRep:
    You try hard to make it work; why do you piss each other so much? Are there certain triggers? Work around them, both of you, it takes mutual communication and effort to make a relationship work; let each other know what you think is not fair; try harder. You can talk about fixing the relationship all you want but unless you actually do things to improve your circumstances, then its not going to get any better. Get to the bottom of what pisses both of you off and avoid doing said things.

That or take a break; you are both still exclusive to each other and during this period you do not go and cheat, its just time apart without communication to see what you would feel like without each other. That will really open your eyes to how much you mean to each other, whether it be a lot or a little... trust me.

ReputationRep:
    It really annoys me when people say 'I can't imagine my life without my partner', like seriously, you two haven't been together all your life, think about what life was like before you met them... there you go. That's how your life will be like without your partner. Just say you really love him, no need to exaggerate.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.