Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

would i get hired for two weeks? Watch

ReputationRep:
    im still at my uni accomidation (and have spent my loan ) but am going home in two weeks do you think i could get a part time job in a bar or somtehing until then? i have nothing else to do so could work lots of hours

ReputationRep:
    No; it takes a week for them to look through yours and others' applications, and another week to conduct interviews, collect references and offer jobs to people. That's the bare minimum.

ReputationRep:
    nein

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capachino)
    im still at my uni accomidation (and have spent my loan ) but am going home in two weeks do you think i could get a part time job in a bar or somtehing until then? i have nothing else to do so could work lots of hours
    Probably only at a cash in hand kinda place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Probably only at a cash in hand kinda place.
    what kind of place would this be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capachino)
    what kind of place would this be?
    Something like a small time takeaway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Something like a small time takeaway.
    Small-time takeaways are usually family-run businesses; they are not going to give somebody they don't know a job for 2 weeks, for them to just leave the company after this time. Companies like these will draft in relatives (paid or unpaid) to cover periods such as a fortnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groundearth)
    Small-time takeaways are usually family-run businesses; they are not going to give somebody they don't know a job for 2 weeks, for them to just leave the company after this time. Companies like these will draft in relatives (paid or unpaid) to cover periods such as a fortnight.
    Not all small-time takeaways are family run businesses. He's got nothing to lose by going in and asking.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.