Who are the top 8 squads in europe. List the order. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Currently I'd put top 8 as.
    1-2. Bayern/Real.
    3-4. Barcelona/Atlético
    5-6. Chelsea/City
    7. PSG
    8. Juventus.

Although I would probably swap Chelsea's position with Atlético due to buying Diego Costa and Fabregas, we also are keeping Courtois so that weakens their squad by quite a bit.

Bayern to me probably have the most balanced squad personnel wise and I put them next to Real despite the thrashing.

PSG are above dortmund and Juve though. Juve and Dortmund are close though. 102 points in the league is nothing to be sniffed at so I'll put them above Dortmund.

Anyway who do you think are the top 8 and what order?

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to say at the moment. One signing could change the list considerably, but based on the signings I expect;

1 - Real Madrid
    2 - Bayern Munich
    3 - Barcelona
    4 - Manchester City
    5 - Chelsea
    6 - PSG
    7 - Atletico Madrid
    8 - Manchester United

Edit: Maybe I'm being harsh on Juventus? In all honesty, I don't watch too much Italian football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    It's hard to say at the moment. One signing could change the list considerably, but based on the signings I expect;

1 - Real Madrid
    2 - Bayern Munich
    3 - Barcelona
    4 - Manchester City
    5 - Chelsea
    6 - PSG
    7 - Atletico Madrid
    8 - Manchester United

Edit: Maybe I'm being harsh on Juventus? In all honesty, I don't watch too much Italian football.

Currently liverpool is better than man u.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Last Day Lepers)
    I'm not convinced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    I'm not convinced.
    Lol would that be because you're a man u fan perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    GK: United easily
    CBs: Both a bit ****, about the same.
    FBs: Liverpool's weakest point, United's aren't great but still better.
    CMs: Liverpool, Herrera helps but not enough
    CAM: United by miles - 3 top players
    Wingers: Liverpool
    Forwards: Liverpool unless Suarez goes, which he almost certainly is, so United.

United better in 4 areas, Liverpool in 2, 1 too close to call.

ReputationRep:
    1 - Bayern
    2 - Real Madrid
    3 - Barcelona
    4 - Manchester City
    5 - Juventus
    6 - Chelsea
    7 - PSG
    8 - Manchester United

ReputationRep:
    man thinks united got a better squad than The Arsenal.

serioussssss. that's not even funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)

GK: United
    CB: Arsenal
    FB: United
    CM: Arsenal
    CAM: United
    Wingers: Arsenal
    Forwards: United

4-3 m8 umad?

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal probably do have a top 8 squad but the only reason i dismiss them is because when Ramsey got injured last season, you lot fell apart. Also your strikers arent as good as some of the listed top 8 squads, your fullbacks are shakey (now that Sagna has gone). Your midfield and CBs are probably top 5 but the rest of the team isnt close to top 8.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to argue with anything other than the OP, maybe swap Atletico for Dortmund because half of Atletico's first team has left or is going to leave. Liverpool/United/Arsenal have no place in this thread.

Bayern Munich
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Chelsea
    PSG
    Manchester City
    Juventus
    Borussia Dortmund

(Original post by Basiji)

3 Centre Backs (one of whom is injury prone/probably going to leave)
    No Right Back
    1 Goalkeeper
    1 Established striker

Take away the first XI and Arsenal have very little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Arsenal probably do have a top 8 squad but the only reason i dismiss them is because when Ramsey got injured last season, you lot fell apart. Also your strikers arent as good as some of the listed top 8 squads, your fullbacks are shakey (now that Sagna has gone). Your midfield and CBs are probably top 5 but the rest of the team isnt close to top 8.
    Even with Ramsey they got the same points as Napoli and Dortmund in their group. Neither of those would be top 8.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Lol would that be because you're a man u fan perhaps.
    No. I admit Manchester City and Chelsea have superior squads. But I hate both of those clubs.

- We have the better goalkeepers. I like Mignolet though.
    - They have more options in defence, but we have much more quality. We just need extra CB's to make up for the loss of Rio/Vidic. I really don't rate the Liverpool defenders. I'd go as far as saying they're atrocious. The lot of them.
    - They are stronger in the centre but I think we have more options (albeit they're pretty crap).
    - They have better wingers and probably more depth. We need a quality winger.
    - We have the better attacking midfielders, and more depth.
    - We both have fantastic strikers. Although Suarez appears to be on his way out.

I think we're more likely to make the required signings because of what happened last season. Liverpool over-performed and we under-performed. It's not acceptable for us to finish 5th/6th/7th. LVG will have us battling for the top 3/4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Currently I'd put top 8 as.
    1-2. Bayern/Real.
    3-4. Barcelona/Atlético
    5-6. Chelsea/City
    7. PSG
    8. Juventus.

Although I would probably swap Chelsea's position with Atlético due to buying Diego Costa and Fabregas, we also are keeping Courtois so that weakens their squad by quite a bit.

Bayern to me probably have the most balanced squad personnel wise and I put them next to Real despite the thrashing.

PSG are above dortmund and Juve though. Juve and Dortmund are close though. 102 points in the league is nothing to be sniffed at so I'll put them above Dortmund.

Anyway who do you think are the top 8 and what order?
    I pretty much agree, only real change I'd make would be Atletico below City and Chelsea, and possibly PSG as well. They've lost Costa, Courtois, Villa and maybe Luis as well, that's 4 first teamers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Even with Ramsey they got the same points as Napoli and Dortmund in their group. Neither of those would be top 8.
    That's not a reflection of squad though. Dortmunds first team are easily in the top 8

ReputationRep:
    Walcott is a top 8 player imo. They only need a striker, a winger, a DM and a fullback. If they got a top striker and a top DM they'd be firmly in the top 8 in place of dortmund though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    That's not a reflection of squad though. Dortmunds first team are easily in the top 8
    You didn't play their first team though, they had loads of injuries.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the OP more or less. Maybe Monaco could be said to have a better squad than Juventus.

Arsenal are ****e, they shouldn't even be considered in this thread. Dodgy keeper, no decent right-back left, only 3 CBs one of whom is injury prone, only one decent striker and Arteta is Vice-Captain. Awful squad.

ReputationRep:
    Cheltenham Town is the greatest football team on the planet.
    Then Real Madrid.
    Then everyone else.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.