Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered two HE access course in September. Common science or physiology and sociology. I wanna study adult nursing at university. Which one would be more beneficial for me??

please help I'm so confused and do not want to choose the wrong course

thanks Carly

ReputationRep:
    Anyone??

ReputationRep:
    How about the Access to Nursing course? I've just completed the Access to Science but am going on to study Paramedic Science.

ReputationRep:
    I done the access to nursing course and I start ARU paramedic science in September

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carz88)
    I've been offered two HE access course in September. Common science or physiology and sociology. I wanna study adult nursing at university. Which one would be more beneficial for me??

thanks Carly
    I've just completed Access to Health and Social Care and quite a few have got into nursing from it Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Hiya

Do the colleges not offer an Access to Nursing Course?
    Do you know what subjects you will be doing? For example my nursing access course is Health Studies, Biology, Psychology and English Studies.
    If you find out your subjects you could contact the unis direct and see if they are happy. Generally they want a science based access course so you'll probably be fine

ReputationRep:
    Most uni's accept the access to nursing course as many on my course have gone onto Uni in Manchester, derby, Lincoln and Sheffield.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My college do an Access to Nursing and health profressions and alot of my friends are going onto adult nursing in uni in sept from that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They don't offer that course where I live. So I can't actually do it!

ReputationRep:
    Think the best bet is speak to the college and ask them which would be more suitable for what you want to progress onto

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

thanks Carly
    The best thing to do is to decide which university you are interested in going to and then having a look at their entry requirements. Some of the universities will also say which courses that they do not accept. The universities that I have seen so far have said that they want at least one or two science based subjects including: Chemistry and Biology.

ReputationRep:

thanks Carly
    I would check with the Universities that you want to apply to nursing for. Competition is fierce for places and if you don't have the right course it will be one way of them cutting down the number of applicants.

I've just finished the Health Science pathway which is split into a science course and then Health Science. I was I the Science course and Nurses were on the Health Science. Our local university was very specific about which course people wanting to go into health professions should attend. Radiography and paramedic science applicants were told they had to take Science or they wouldn't be considered the Health Science course was full of people wanting to study Nursing an Midwifery.

The requirement varied quite a bit between the two universities close to us that the Health group were applying to. Between 6 and 27 distinction credit were needed. So I would suggest you ask the universities for the pass profile for their course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twitty1975)
    I done the access to nursing course and I start ARU paramedic science in September

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was the interview composed of and the questions asked twitty1975 I've got my interview with them on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    Maths & English test which was ok, group discussion and then personal interview. Make sure you get across the modern day paramedic working strategically within the NHS and different departments to promote a better patient care. It was very relaxed mate and very formal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.