Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Quitting University, Signed Housing Contract Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I just wanted some advice as to what I could/should do in my situation. Essentially I signed a contract for a student house back in January, but since then have started working full time and am not going to be going back to university this September. I have tried contacting the letting agency several times and have not received any help on the situation (they haven't actually contacted me about the house at all since the signing of the contract back in January!?).

ReputationRep:
    Start advertising the contract that you signed (Your part) on websites, and leave your contact details in the hope someone takes your room. Or offer it at a slightly cheaper price and take a slight financial hit but you'll save most of the cost of the contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabeaca)
    Start advertising the contract that you signed (Your part) on websites, and leave your contact details in the hope someone takes your room. Or offer it at a slightly cheaper price and take a slight financial hit but you'll save most of the cost of the contract.
    Any websites you could recommend? I emailed my student union yesterday but haven't received a response yet.
    Yeah I was thinking that if I find someone I could get the contract switched over to them and then pay the first month for them?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.