The Student Room Group

which sixth form sounds better?

sixth forms are starting in a couple of months and i have no idea where to go to, although i have two ideas in my mind , so here is a description of the two...

option 1
very very strict sixth form, no facial piercings, strict uniform etc...
very good pass rates and a popular sixth form, however i will have to go to another sixth form for one of my lessons which is part of the academy. it's like 1 hour away from my house and the people there seem nice, doesn't have one of the lessons that i want to do, but i have an alternative (not as good, but it'll do). Overall it's a really good sixth form because the teachers encourage you to try your best and push you to achieve the best results.

option 2

A lot less strict than the first one. You can wear any clothes as long as its smart and appropriate and no rules on facial piercings etc... all my lessons are there, although i'm not too keen on the building as it's very complicated. You get to go on a lot of trips and i like the atmosphere of the place. The people there seem extremely lovely and i've talked to quite a few people there. The pass rate is still good although it's not as good as the first one, but it's still great. The teachers still push you into getting the best grades but not as much as the first sixth form.

which one sounds better to you and why? thanks!
Reply 1
Hi!
Your option 1 sounds a LOT like my school - yup, really does! I've been at my school since first year, and while strict with everything, I got my good GCSE grades and hopefully will get good AS grades in August.
My school, like your option 1, doesn't do one of my A Level subjects, so I go to a completely different school to do it, and it has been a nice change, because my school is a grammar school while the school I go to do my 4th subject is an all-boys secondary school. My school thinks though my grade will be affected, but I've a natural talent for that subject so it'll be ok.

I'll say this: if you willing to be pushed to the best of your abilities and get top grades, go for option 1. However, it might mean that you will be constantly swamped with work like I have been, and if you're not used to it, unlike how I am, sadly, you'll struggle. But whatever you do, good luck on your AS Levels!

Quick Reply

Latest