ReputationRep:
    I'm studying... Physics, Maths, Further Maths

I'm interested in... Astrophysics, Particle Physics, Physics in general!

I'm thinking about... Doing a 4 year MPhys degree course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanRigg96#)
    I'm studying... Physics, Maths, Further Maths

I'm interested in... Astrophysics, Particle Physics, Physics in general!

I'm thinking about... Doing a 4 year MPhys degree course
    Hi there! How are you? Welcome to

How did your exams go? I hope they went well. Did you sit your AS or A2 exams?

You might want to check out our Study Help Forum. It could come in handy for your future studies.

So what unis are you thinking of applying to study physics? Here's a link to our universities forum. Hope this helps with your choices.

If you have any questions or queries just quote me in here and I'll respond as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou!

They seemed to go well, ask me in August haha! AS exams

At the moment these are my 5 uni choices:
    Bristol, Southampton, UCL, Leicester, Exeter

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou!

They seemed to go well, ask me in August haha! AS exams

At the moment these are my 5 uni choices:
    Bristol, Southampton, UCL, Leicester, Exeter
    Hey!

Nice choices. I'm presuming UCL is your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhle20)
    Hey!

Nice choices. I'm presuming UCL is your first choice?
    Currently no actually, Bristol is my favourite so far, department wise very similar to UCL but prefer the area

What stage of education are you at?

And also, I've started a thread for my years physics entry applicants called '2015 Physics Applicants' is there anyway to advertise or get people involved on that thread?

ReputationRep:
    Currently no actually, Bristol is my favourite so far, department wise very similar to UCL but prefer the area

What stage of education are you at?

And also, I've started a thread for my years physics entry applicants called '2014 Physics Applicants' is there anyway to advertise or get people involved on that thread?
    Cool. Bristol is a pretty cool city.

I'm going to study medicine at Leicester Uni starting this September. So I personally recommend Leicester Uni as all

I'm not sure how to advertise threads, but applicant threads usually just take off over time. Although it depends on the popularity of the course. So I would just wait and bump the thread now and again so it remains at the first page of the physics forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhle20)
    Cool. Bristol is a pretty cool city.

I'm going to study medicine at Leicester Uni starting this September. So I personally recommend Leicester Uni as all

I'm not sure how to advertise threads, but applicant threads usually just take off over time. Although it depends on the popularity of the course. So I would just wait and bump the thread now and again so it remains at the first page of the physics forum.
    I do not envy medicine applicants! Very hard to get in to

'bump'?

How is Leicester as a place? I'm guessing you've had a look? I haven't had the chance yet

ReputationRep:
    I do not envy medicine applicants! Very hard to get in to

'bump'?

How is Leicester as a place? I'm guessing you've had a look? I haven't had the chance yet
    Yeah medicine is hard to get into. I had to take a gap year and reapply as do many medicine applicants. Actually there's a thread dedicated to it every year.

You bump when there's no activity on your thread and you post in the thread so it remains in the first page of the forum which means more people will be more likely to see it.

Yeah I like Leicester Uni. It's a campus uni so everything is all in one place. But the student village is quite far for the campus so that is a bit of a hassle. It's close to the city centre as well so you have access to pretty much everything Leicester has to offer. Leicester as a city is quite small as well, so it's not that busy. It pretty ticks all the boxes for me. But we all have different tastes.

Actually, Exeter is a pretty nice place as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.