Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I'm a girl, he's a guy but we're just friends. We talk every day and usually I initiate the conversation but if the conversation dies he asks pointless questions eg so how are you? , how's studying going? So he obviously wants to talk to me.

Today the conversation died and he didn't continue it which was strange because he had seen the message. Then later on tonight I messaged him again about something he'd asked me about the day before but he's seen it and hasn't replied.

He's recently got rejected by one of my friends and he's usually depressed anyways but I don't know what to do, normally he tells me everything. He told me he doesn't have a crush on my friend anymore but could he be still a little upset so he's just ignoring everyone?

Why won't he reply?

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, from a guys perspective it seems that he wants to talk to you a lot/maybe even likes you with the 'trying to get the conversation going again' techniques such as how are you...

Maybe he was depressed as you said, or maybe you said something to annoy him, I do this to one of my friends that are girls alot but instead of arguing back i ignore her (unless it's obvious she's upset me)

Or maybe, he just got fed up of just being friends and couldn't be bothered to talk anymore? I have friends that talk to girls for quite a while and if nothing happens they just stop talking to them

or maybe he's genuinely busy? :P

ReputationRep:
    Do you like him?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know sometimes I like him and sometimes I don't. It's complicated haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's been two days now. Should I message him or just leave him to it? I don't want to be annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by highlandgirl)
    It's been two days now. Should I message him or just leave him to it? I don't want to be annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't send another message. You've sent two now that he hasn't responded to so he may be busy or want to be left alone etc.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Women...

ReputationRep:
    I would say probably because he doesn't want to talk to you.

ReputationRep:
    Let me guess, the more he ignores you the more you want him? GOD I love women's psychology, it should be a degree on its own.

ReputationRep:
    You're friends so why are you bothered?

****ing women.

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't want to talk to you. I ask those boring usual idiomatic questions when I can't be bothered.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do him a favour and back off. Don't lead him on if you're not sure about your own feelings. And about that dude, he probably doesn't like you.

If only you women have the ability to know what you truly want, all men would be living peacefully.

sorry to interrupt but reading your thread made me think of something. if a guy almost never initiates a conversation but generally responds to texts quickly (despite the fact that you take ages to respond to his texts (not on purpose)) with quite a lot of detail, asks follow up q's or updates you on stuff you've talked about before, and uses smileys, is he likely to be interested in you? Or is this just a friend thing that guys do with girls?

I honestly can't tell if he's interested because this guy is not the forward or flirty type. i suspect he's never been in a relationship and also think he might be a little apprehensive about initiating texts since even though i initiate the conversation, i'm also always the one to end them when they start to drag on a bit...? would that have any impact on him initiating texts you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    I would say probably because he doesn't want to talk to you.
    Which is why she's being min****ed and leaning towards pulling him out of her friendzone. Don't you just love female psychology? To quote the great Sigmund himself:

The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is 'What does a woman want?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Den Haag)
    Which is why she's being min****ed and leaning towards pulling him out of her friendzone. Don't you just love female psychology? To quote the great Sigmund himself:
    Or maybe she's just worried about him? He was clearly never in the 'friendzone' given she's always liked him on and off.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that him not messaging messaging me back makes me want him more. It's just that he gets depressed a lot and I'm worried about him

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.