Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering how this works. Do you get reduced fees seeing you'll already have done 60 credits worth? I've also noticed that most of the Education Masters degrees are only part time - is this because it is assumed you would be doing it alongside your teaching job? That just sounds awfully stressful.

Also, I take it these 60 credits have to go towards a Education Masters? Not just anything?

Haven't even started my PGCE yet, I just wanted to know a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you'll only have to pay for 2/3 of the course as you have already completed 1/3 of it.
    I'm not sure if it's specifically towards an education masters. I did my PGCE in secondary maths and so I was going to use my credits towards an MA in mathematical education.

The length of the course depends on the uni and what they are willing to offer. Those offering the part-time only may be doing so because they find the majority of people who are wanting to a masters in education are going to do so whilst they are teaching.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.