The Student Room Group

2015 Physics Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abbseh
When was it sent though? It all depends on when the application was sent in! I'm so worried that my school left it too late with the reference adding and I'll have to wait until Feb for an interview :frown:

my friend applied mid October, got an interview invite about a week later, but her interview is in Feb
Anyone got a hunch when the Oxford interview decisions will be sent? Hope it's soon
Original post by Swinburne
Anyone got a hunch when the Oxford interview decisions will be sent? Hope it's soon

Next week? Wed/Thurs is my guess!!
Original post by Planckton
Next week? Wed/Thurs is my guess!!

Hope you're right, I just wanna know and have it done with. Plus I bought tickets to a concert on monday 15th without realising, whoops, so need to sort that out soon as haha
Reply 564
Original post by DanRigg96#
Seems like you're panicking a bit, what are your predicted grades? If they're similar to their typical requirements you're bound to get an offer, be positive!
Also, most of your choices were in clearing last year so I don't think they'd snub you off
I still haven't heard back from Bristol and it seems like this whole forum has :L

I'm not so much panicky but more so nervous! I don't like not knowing a round about idea of when I'll hear. Last year St Andrews waited until March just to reject me and the wait was awful. It was so pointless because surely they knew well before then that they didn't want me! I don't want a repeat of that again :frown:

My predicted grades are As in chemistry and maths, B in physics and a B in AS further maths. I already have BBC in chemistry, maths and physics respectively but that C was only 3 marks from a B 😩 That's why I didn't get into my chosen uni! Both my firm and insurance were in clearing and they still didn't take me.

This whole waiting malarky is just ridiculous... Applying to unis should be a post results day thing with results day moved earlier.
Reply 565
my friend applied mid October, got an interview invite about a week later, but her interview is in Feb

Was that through choice of dates?
Original post by Swinburne
Hope you're right, I just wanna know and have it done with. Plus I bought tickets to a concert on monday 15th without realising, whoops, so need to sort that out soon as haha

Haha! Tbh I'm expecting a rejection but would rather know now!
Original post by Abbseh
Was that through choice of dates?

It said choose a date, so she clicked the link and there was only one choice :tongue:
Reply 568
It said choose a date, so she clicked the link and there was only one choice :tongue:

Ooh that's a pain for her! Waiting is hell. I'm a little worried too because if I do get offered an interview my sister has to be in her uni flat for those couple of days otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it :frown:
Original post by Abbseh
I'm not so much panicky but more so nervous! I don't like not knowing a round about idea of when I'll hear. Last year St Andrews waited until March just to reject me and the wait was awful. It was so pointless because surely they knew well before then that they didn't want me! I don't want a repeat of that again :frown:

My predicted grades are As in chemistry and maths, B in physics and a B in AS further maths. I already have BBC in chemistry, maths and physics respectively but that C was only 3 marks from a B 😩 That's why I didn't get into my chosen uni! Both my firm and insurance were in clearing and they still didn't take me.

This whole waiting malarky is just ridiculous... Applying to unis should be a post results day thing with results day moved earlier.

Doesn't do us any good! :frown:
I hope your work pays off this year
Reply 570
I had my interview at Imperial on Thurs- if she needs any advice just drop me a message :smile:

Thanks a lot! My daughter has sent you a private message. :smile:
Original post by Abbseh
If I didn't get which? So you got them within a week of each other but 3/4 weeks after sending it? What's worrying me is last year Liverpool have me their offer within 4 days and this time they haven't 😩 I know Heriot watt took their time last year but I have no idea how long the others are going to take and it's driving me insane! I've messaged a few Exeter people from the physics connect page asking when they heard back for an interview and if it was quick to hear after sending their application in but most have ignored me :frown:

I sent my application beginning of January last year so a bit different to you, but by the end of January I had an interview from Exeter and offers from Keele, Leicester and Heriot-Watt so it was all pretty quick! I wouldn't worry too much yet though, you'll be fine I'm sure- I haven't even applied yet :colondollar:
Original post by Abbseh
Ooh that's a pain for her! Waiting is hell. I'm a little worried too because if I do get offered an interview my sister has to be in her uni flat for those couple of days otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it :frown:

Aw that sucks :frown: I think it'll probably be pretty casual, you'd probably be able to get a Skype

Original post by adri57
Thanks a lot! My daughter has sent you a private message. :smile:

Quite alright- anything to relieve a fellow applicant's nerves :biggrin:
Reply 573
Original post by Abbseh
When was it sent though? It all depends on when the application was sent in! I'm so worried that my school left it too late with the reference adding and I'll have to wait until Feb for an interview :frown:

Application sent 31st October interview email 4th November and I'm actually going on Tuesday :smile:
Reply 574
Any idea when Imperial will reply?

I'm an international applicant and I cant afford to fly there for an interview..
Invitation for interview for Physics MSci from Corpus Christi at Oxford (my first choice)! So chuffed! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spongelk
Invitation for interview for Physics MSci from Corpus Christi at Oxford (my first choice)! So chuffed! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my gosh!! Really?? CONGRATULATIONS!! I didn't even know they were sending out invites yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Massive achievement well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! That's fantastic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PhysGeek
Oh my gosh!! Really?? CONGRATULATIONS!! I didn't even know they were sending out invites yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by DanRigg96#
Massive achievement well done!

Thank you! Even if I don't get an offer, that's a first for anyone from my region, so that's something :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending