Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Suggest a new game for me. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a hardcore Battlefield fan, and have spent the last 2 1/2 years playing BF3. I have BF4 but it's a broken mess that nearly killed my PS3 because it crashed so much.

I'm a PS3 gamer and I like my FPS games. I have all the Uncharteds, MAG and Crysis etc, but I need something new as BF3 is starting to get old.

I've been thinking about GTA V and Assassin's Creed, although I have a highly arrogant friend who believes that GTA V is a pile of **** and he has warped my opinions for too long. I don't know what to think. It looks pretty damn fun to me, and Assassin's Creed may be good because I've never played it and it's had good reviews for a long time.

Anyway, please help me find a new game. This summer is dragging a lot and I need things to do. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried the Halo series, not sure if it's in PS3/4 though. Or inFamous: Second Son or something.

The first is a shooter game while the other is a bit of beat-em-up i guess, it's an open world game, I heard that it's really good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    CoD.
    Failing that, if you've not played The Last of Us, I'd highly recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    You can't go wrong with any of the games you've mentioned, GTA V, all the assassins creed games, they get much better after number 1, the latest tomb raider is really good, The Last Of Us is superb and for me at least is one the ps3's best games. Another series is Metal Gear Solid, you can get the first one on the psn shop, the HD collection on disc and then guns of the patriots before you move onto ground zeroes in preparation for the phantom pain.

Oh and you certainly can't go wrong with Skyrim, that should see your summer nearly over by the time you've finished all those!

ReputationRep:
    CSGO. Cheap. Competitive. Addictive.

ReputationRep:
    Your mate needs to see a doctor, GTA V is one masterpiece of a game. Wash it down with a bit of Fallout 3 or Skyrim.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies, The Last Of Us really appeals to me, I can't believe I forgot it!
    Tomb Raider also looks highly interesting, I may just try it out

Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    GTA5 sucks, it's a complete waste of money, do NOT buy that game! Your friend is absolutely spot on.

ReputationRep:
    Skyrim speaks for itself.
    Dead Island is an FPS-style zombie game that is ****-your-kecks scary if you wear headphones while playing (second one is even more terrifying but equally as enjoyable for the same reason) and is largely reliant on melee weaponry, though guns do appear every now and again.
    Assassins Creed is definitely worth it, the duality of the storyline is immense and the gameplay is top-notch (if a bit difficult to get a hold of during the first play, although that's just me speaking personally).
    Viking killed some time and I found it incredibly enjoyable, but wouldn't call it a top game.
    The Halo games are a must for any FPS fan if you like sci-fi.
    Left For Dead is another zombie game but has a more arcade-y feel to it than Dead Island. Not as scary either, but infinitely repeatable.

A must for FPS fans:
    Goldeneye (N64)
    Black (PS2)
    Your life as an FPS gamer isn't complete without either of these. It's really easy to deride them as the games of yesteryear, but if you played them when they first came out your mind would've been blown. I still re-play both to this day, and put them above any FPS game I've played on the successive generations of consoles.

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling your friend might also browse a certain imageboard whose name shall no (cannot) be uttered here.

Try some games that are different from your usual genre. Strategy, RPG's (Souls series especially)

You could always try good 'ol Racism Simulator 2014 (Dota 2). Very hit or miss with everyone. Either you hate it, or it consumes your life.

ReputationRep:
    If FPS is what you are after I recommend Far Cry 3/blood dragon. Probably the best I have played lately. Breaking into and taking compounds is surprisingly a lot more fun than repetitive.

If you want to go a little bit towards the RPG side of things Fallout New Vegas is a great FPS/RPG. Nasty humour and a world you can get lost in. Want to be an innocent hero that only kills bad guys? No problems. Want to going the Legion and **** **** up? It has want you need.

Lastly on the FPS genre if the previous two don't take your fancy get the Orange box. Halflife 2 is a great oldschool style FPS with some modern twists. I say games like Farcry take heavily from this. Portal is the best FPS puzzle game that everyone needs to play.

If you are feeling like you want the game to **** your **** up get FTL on the PC. Not a FPS but highly recommended.

ReputationRep:
    Ignoring all your preferences and just going to recommend the greatest game ever made - The Last of Us

ReputationRep:
    Get yourself a PC or PS4, (when the game becomes available for PS4), and download and play Planetside 2. It will make you giggle like a little ***** when you think back at Battlefield. It is what Battlefield wanted to be.. massive fights on a massive scale, with impressive graphics and solid gameplay.

It's free to play, and frankly one of the best FPS games out there.

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ng_video_games

You're not going to get a better answer with such a vague and silly question.

ReputationRep:
    Can't go wrong with the Assassin's Creed series (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a huge HUGE fan of it).
    As someone said above, it gets better after the first. Actually, skip the first, it's just so repetitive. The plot is explained at the beginning of the second one so you're already set. ;D

You could give Splinter Cell a go; I'm playing that at the moment and it's good.

A similar game to Uncharted would be the Tomb Raider reboot - again, not biased because it's my picture next to my name.

Someone's also mentioned The Last Of Us - it has fantastic reviews and I don't think I've spoken to anyone who thinks badly of it. I've only seen gameplay videos as it's PS3 exclusive so I can't get it on my Xbox. *sobs*

Bear in mind, all of my suggestions are third person, not first. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    Get yourself a PC or PS4, (when the game becomes available for PS4), and download and play Planetside 2. It will make you giggle like a little ***** when you think back at Battlefield. It is what Battlefield wanted to be.. massive fights on a massive scale, with impressive graphics and solid gameplay.

It's free to play, and frankly one of the best FPS games out there.
    I really want to play this! However, I am waiting till I have around 1k and a half free to invest in building an epic gaming machine... going to be a while;...must... get... job hunting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Typhoon235)
    I'm a hardcore Battlefield fan, and have spent the last 2 1/2 years playing BF3. I have BF4 but it's a broken mess that nearly killed my PS3 because it crashed so much.

I'm a PS3 gamer and I like my FPS games. I have all the Uncharteds, MAG and Crysis etc, but I need something new as BF3 is starting to get old.

I've been thinking about GTA V and Assassin's Creed, although I have a highly arrogant friend who believes that GTA V is a pile of **** and he has warped my opinions for too long. I don't know what to think. It looks pretty damn fun to me, and Assassin's Creed may be good because I've never played it and it's had good reviews for a long time.

Anyway, please help me find a new game. This summer is dragging a lot and I need things to do. Cheers.
    Watch Dogs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Typhoon235)

That friend is no friend of yours... GTA V is amazing man get it!

ReputationRep:
    I can suggest saints row: IV, then probably thief because it looks challenging

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got GTA 5 3 days ago.

I'm kicking myself for not buying it earlier, the game is immense!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.