Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.tommy.com/Cole-Watch/08J17...en_GB,pd.html#

I quite like it but wanted some other opinions. It's meant for uni wear/going out and giving off a chilled look.

I have a smarter rotary watch but I'm after something more relaxed.

ReputationRep:
    DONT make the mistake of buying a "fashion" watch like I did. I wasted a lot of money on them and really regret it... Go to a forum like watchuseek and get a watch that's actually decent - proper movement, proper make, history/heritage. Avoid all brands like Tommy H, Hugo Boss, Armani, Fossil etc. They're all a big scam, crappy movement and cheap worthless garbage that is worth nothing after purchase.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong, Tommy Hilfiger is a great brand for clothing, but their watches are not good. I completely agree with the poster above me, all of these fashion watches are just for fashion and are not good watches. Stay away from Hilfiger, Fossil, Boss, Ted Baker etc. Do some research into finding a good watch, and knowing your budget would be a great thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    for me a watch is a timepiece. as long as it keeps the time and does not make me look like a div i am happy. my current model cost £1.99 off Amazon.

ReputationRep:
    A watch is a watch is a watch. I don't see the point in spending heaps of money of watches unless you're dressing formally. I bought myself this... http://www.asos.com/Casio/Casio-F-91...rt=-1&clr=Blue

It gets complimented everywhere I go for some reason. But I genuinely only have it because, shock horror.. it tells the time. It also has some unique 21st century functions such as telling me what day it is. It also wakes me up (thanks to the handy alarm function) and best of all, has an stop watch so I can tell how long things last. It's also a trendy turquoise which helps me blend in when I go swimming. Oh how could I forget the light! It has a light which acts as a deterrent to muggers and sex criminals.

ReputationRep:
    Garish imho.

(Original post by benzos)
    DONT make the mistake of buying a "fashion" watch like I did. I wasted a lot of money on them and really regret it... Go to a forum like watchuseek and get a watch that's actually decent - proper movement, proper make, history/heritage. Avoid all brands like Tommy H, Hugo Boss, Armani, Fossil etc. They're all a big scam, crappy movement and cheap worthless garbage that is worth nothing after purchase.
    Also this, 100%.

edit:Also, I'm going to go against the grain on this thread and say that I see a watch as much as a piece of male jewellery as anything else. It's worth spending money on. Just don't spend it on crap.

ReputationRep:
    Oh God I just don't like.

Now that's sexy.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benzos)
    What about Swatch? Also, do you know if they're less expensive in Switzerland or more than in London? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maharaniii)
    Oh God I just don't like.

Now that's sexy.
    That is revolting, there is nothing more distasteful than a full gold watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    That is revolting, there is nothing more distasteful than a full gold watch.
    lmao calm down it is absolutely beautiful. Unlike that watch that looks like it came out a cereal box or a happy meal I'm sure if someone walked round with that watch everyone would notice.

ReputationRep:

Not full gold. There

ReputationRep:
    lmao calm down it is absolutely beautiful. Unlike that watch that looks like it came out a cereal box or a happy meal I'm sure if someone walked round with that watch everyone would notice.
    You are trolling, right? The key thing is being modest, not so that "everyone would notice". I don't know if you are attracted to the fact that it is gold and you think that makes it expensive, but I can guarantee you that the expensive watches are not that hideous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabeaca)
    http://uk.tommy.com/Cole-Watch/08J17...en_GB,pd.html#

I quite like it but wanted some other opinions. It's meant for uni wear/going out and giving off a chilled look.

I have a smarter rotary watch but I'm after something more relaxed.
    Isn't it meant for telling the time too?

ReputationRep:
    You are trolling, right? The key thing is being modest, not so that "everyone would notice". I don't know if you are attracted to the fact that it is gold and you think that makes it expensive, but I can guarantee you that the expensive watches are not that hideous.
    Idk what you mean by this trolling but I stated what I find nice and you approach me about hideous and that not the other way round if you disagree oh well. Like I am responding to you being aggresive with me remember?

ReputationRep:

Not full gold. There
    Again, that is horrible. Now that is a nice watch.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Again, that is horrible. Now that is a nice watch.

who are you to attack my taste? you want to have boring grey watch, go on. But last time I checked gold makes the eyes dazzle not boring grey and wrinkly leather

ReputationRep:

This is absolutely perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Idk what you mean by this trolling but I stated what I find nice and you approach me about hideous and that not the other way round if you disagree oh well. Like I am responding to you being aggresive with me remember?
    I am just saying, in my opinion, that 90% of gold watches are not nice watches and the people who wear them do so in order to draw attention to themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I am just saying, in my opinion, that 90% of gold watches are not nice watches and the people who wear them do so in order to draw attention to themselves.
    And they achieve getting attention. if someone is gaudy or extravagant oh well, let them celebrate their achievements with a fancy watch.

ReputationRep:
    And they achieve getting attention. if someone is gaudy or extravagant oh well, let them celebrate their achievements with a fancy watch.
    That's the thing though, people with wealth do not need to gain this attention. These gold watches which are plastered with diamonds are for lottery-winners and wives who are married to wealthy men. And FYI, the watch I suggested is "a fancy watch".

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.