The Student Room Group

Radiography Entry Requirements with Open University

Hi guys frist time poster here.. :smile:
Im a mature student working full time and I want to get into Radiography in Cardiff Uni.. problem is I need further qualifications.

I cant stop working because I need to pay the rent.. So my only option really is to study part time distance learning

my primary option is Access to Higher Education (health professions)
offered by distance learning centre but its pretty expensive about 1k for the entire 1 year course and I cant seem to find anyway to get financial help for this course.

my second option is from the Open University they offer a Certificate in Health Sciences which would take 1 year as well and they offer financial help.

Which do you think would help get into uni? :redface:

Would taking both double my chances? :colondollar:

thanks!
Hi. I was in a similar position myself. I done the access course in a local college in a evening class and I didn't have to pay but it does depend on your circumstances.
Reply 2
Hi did you have any joy with this as I am in the same position?
Original post by hut407
Hi did you have any joy with this as I am in the same position?

If you're over 24 you can get a loan for an access course which you do have to pay if you go on to successfully complete a degree.

As far as Open University courses go, they are a good option but you need to speak to admissions tutors as universities often have a list of acceptable ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending