Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

28/29 years old, too old for a MA in a top university? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody. I'm an italian 25 years old, I worked as a stage and independent movie actor, director and writer since I was 19 (no, I'm not so famous ^_^) and I'll probably start to work with some web editorial staff. But I really want to evolve my life starting a BA in humanities at Sapienza University of Rome (ranked 65 in QS humanities ranking) and maybe some courses offered by Edx or Coursera in order to take MA and PHD abroad, perhaps relying my experiences of works and life. I'll be 28/29 years old the day I graduate, do you think that it could be too late to start an MA in a top university in UK or Ireland? (Trinity College, off course) If not, could you tell me if there's some scholarship of which I can use?
    Thank You in advance

ReputationRep:
    It's never too late to get an education.

ReputationRep:
    Not if you do it in something that will help you get a proper job.

ReputationRep:
    Considering it has been done before, I'd say so yeah.

Don't fret too much OP, you're not the first or the last to choose education at a later stage in life.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how old the oldest person doing my undergrad in a Russell Group university was, but she did have grey hair and a cane. I reckon you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slateman)
    Hello everybody. I'm an italian 25 years old, I worked as a stage and independent movie actor, director and writer since I was 19 (no, I'm not so famous ^_^) and I'll probably start to work with some web editorial staff. But I really want to evolve my life starting a BA in humanities at Sapienza University of Rome (ranked 65 in QS humanities ranking) and maybe some courses offered by Edx or Coursera in order to take MA and PHD abroad, perhaps relying my experiences of works and life. I'll be 28/29 years old the day I graduate, do you think that it could be too late to start an MA in a top university in UK or Ireland? (Trinity College, off course) If not, could you tell me if there's some scholarship of which I can use?
    Thank You in advance
    Age is just a number...

Though the conventional route was to get your qualifications when you are young, that is no longer the case considering our shifting industries..

Believe me you will be fine..

Have fun..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.