Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,
    I have many questions to ask. My name is Deeptesh, I am from India and never been to the UK. I have got conditional offer from QMUL for MSc in Computer Science. My questions are-

1. Is it a good course to take in QMUL?
    2. What are the job opportunities after this course for an international student? How many international students gets a job after completing their course from QMUL? Computer Science course in particular.
    3. Are there any part-time job opportunities on/off campus for an international student? Is it difficult for an international student for get a part-time job?
    4. What about the accommodation? I know i won't get accommodation at university halls because its very late to apply now. Is it good to live off campus?

Please help me with these questions. I hope i will get all the answers here. Looking forward to hear from you guys.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Deeptesh,
    I am also going for the same course.
    1. The course is good. Its ranked 36 in UK for content. and among top 200 in the world.
    2. The median salary is 25-26K GBP per annum after the course, with a rate of 80% students getting jobs within 3 months of completing the course.
    3. College itself helps students in finding part time jobs at the univ and outside too. Most of the international students do part time.
    4. For accommodation you are right, its too late to apply now. but, getting a shared accommodation off campus will be pretty cheap. And its easy to find a good accommodation in a day or two.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Deeptesh,
    I am also going for the same course.
    1. The course is good. Its ranked 36 in UK for content. and among top 200 in the world.
    2. The median salary is 25-26K GBP per annum after the course, with a rate of 80% students getting jobs within 3 months of completing the course.
    3. College itself helps students in finding part time jobs at the univ and outside too. Most of the international students do part time.
    4. For accommodation you are right, its too late to apply now. but, getting a shared accommodation off campus will be pretty cheap. And its easy to find a good accommodation in a day or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deeptesh)
    Hello guys,
    I have many questions to ask. My name is Deeptesh, I am from India and never been to the UK. I have got conditional offer from QMUL for MSc in Computer Science. My questions are-

1. Is it a good course to take in QMUL?
    2. What are the job opportunities after this course for an international student? How many international students gets a job after completing their course from QMUL? Computer Science course in particular.
    3. Are there any part-time job opportunities on/off campus for an international student? Is it difficult for an international student for get a part-time job?
    4. What about the accommodation? I know i won't get accommodation at university halls because its very late to apply now. Is it good to live off campus?

Please help me with these questions. I hope i will get all the answers here. Looking forward to hear from you guys.
    Any other offers from other unis?

ReputationRep:
    QMUL is not great for CS in my opinion. There are many better Universities out there.

Median salary of 25-26K after completing a MSc is not great.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.