Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The world makes me anxious Watch

ReputationRep:
    Firstly cause there's so much to do. Places to travel, books to read, films to watch, hobbies to try, people to meet, foods to eat. Experiences to be had. How can I squeeze it all in?

Secondly I am uneasy about what the future holds. Death, illness, pain, people hurting me. I don't know if I have the strength to cope with it

ReputationRep:
    Hello?

ReputationRep:
    Chances are you're never gonna fit everything you want to do into one lifetime, but you could make a conscious effort to do some of the things that matter most to you. Write yourself a 'bucket list', of sorts, and make an effort to tick one thing off per week / month / year, that sorta thing.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    That's how it is, stressing over it is almost working against yourself because you're just spending time procrastinating rather than trying to get any of the above done

Just take a step back and laugh at how outright silly life is. That always helps me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freudian Slip)
    Chances are you're never gonna fit everything you want to do into one lifetime, but you could make a conscious effort to do some of the things that matter most to you. Write yourself a 'bucket list', of sorts, and make an effort to tick one thing off per week / month / year, that sorta thing.
    Thanks so much good idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    That's how it is, stressing over it is almost working against yourself because you're just spending time procrastinating rather than trying to get any of the above done

Just take a step back and laugh at how outright silly life is. That always helps me..
    So true ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamintorture)
    Thanks so much good idea
    :smug:

Yes, I thought so!

Now, to learn to take my own advice!

ReputationRep:
    There's easily enough time for all your hobbies. Unless you die soon. Then not. But theoretically speaking. Yes.

ReputationRep:

Interesting side-note; I always used to think the lyrics were "When I'm back on top... back on top of youuuu". When I say "used to", I mean "my life prior to 2 minutes ago".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.