Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Claiming Benefits during the summer between graduation and Masters course. Watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi guy hope someone can set me on my way with this issue.

    I'm graduating from my undergraduate course in Bangor Uni on the 12th of July and am starting a Masters course in September. I've been completing a full time internship for the past month so haven't had to think much about work or anything like that. But the job comes to and end this week and I was wandering is anyone knew anything about applying for any benefits in the period between courses. Technically I'm not a student anymore anywhere as I've left my current Uni but haven't registered with the new one.

    In normal circumstances I'd just try and apply for a job but I had an accident at the start of March where I shattered my ankle and couldn't physically do any jobs such as waitress or bar work (the usual Student summer jobs) at the moment due to this injury.

    Any advice would be useful, I'm obviously not sole relying on a student forum though, I'm trying to talk to someone at Citizens Advice as well. But any advice or experience from here would still be appreciated.


    Im not 100% sure so obviously still ask CAB or the job centre but i think you can apply as you aren't a student and havent applied for a new course yet. I just finished my second year of uni and am taking a year out, so my local housing officer rang and they said I could apply for ESA and housing benefit.... so I guess same rules for you
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

    Sponsored features:

    Making money from your own website

    Need some cash?

    How to make money running your own website.

    Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

    Handle your digital footprint

    What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.