Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...mers-discworld

This makes me sad :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't he planning to commit (assisted) suicide a few years ago?

ReputationRep:
    Oh no

Literally crying a bit right now. Love him so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Oh no

Literally crying a bit right now. Love him so much.
    Tell me about it. Discworld is like my childhood

(Original post by Den Haag)
    Wasn't he planning to commit (assisted) suicide a few years ago?
    He is pro assisted death and would like the option to have his own life taken before the Alzheimers completely takes him. He wasn't actually trying to end his own life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Tell me about it. Discworld is like my childhood

He is pro assisted death and would like the option to have his own life taken before the Alzheimers completely takes him. He wasn't actually trying to end his own life.
    He's hoping to go to Switzerland to do so though isn't he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    He's hoping to go to Switzerland to do so though isn't he?
    He has been on documentaries on assisted death where he has visited Switzerland. I think he intends to die that way when the illness gets to a certain stage, the person I replied to was making tit sound like he was campaigning to end his life back in 2010. I do think what he has done since getting the disease is really good as raising awareness of stuff like dementia makes it seem less scary and is good for bringing in research money.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    I have to say, I watched an interview with him and his outlook on it was one of the bravest things I've seen to do with the disease. Can't seem to find the clip but he basically says that the disease isn't so bad, he can read his books without spoiling the ending for himself.

He's an incredibly person and as sad as this is, I kinda find it more inspiring than terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    He has been on documentaries on assisted death where he has visited Switzerland. I think he intends to die that way when the illness gets to a certain stage, the person I replied to was making tit sound like he was campaigning to end his life back in 2010. I do think what he has done since getting the disease is really good as raising awareness of stuff like dementia makes it seem less scary and is good for bringing in research money.
    I hope it all works out for him and he doesn't suffer too much!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.