Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just got a couple of questions for you guys about lessons Watch

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to ask, when you guys were learning, did you get asked a lot of personal questions by your instructor? This might sound silly, but I'm more worried about that, and making small talk, than I am about the driving itself. I don't want to be driving along and thinking to myself, "Oh god, what are they going to ask me about next?" Do you guys think it would be okay if I just said to them at the outset that I don't want to talk about personal stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Mine didn't ask a lot of personal stuff, we just chatted like you would with an acquaintance. Sometimes we'd tell each other what we'd been up to during the week but not all the time. If it makes you feel uncomfortable just be honest with them and say you'd like to concentrate on driving.

ReputationRep:
    We just generally chat about what we've been up to/family/driving stuff, he goes on about random strories and facts sometimes, nothing too personal. If I don't feel like talking to him(which is quite a lot) I just listen to him talk and give one word replies or jokingly say something that will cut off the convo, he soon gets the drift and we quietly drive with the odd random comment now and again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.