Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So seeing as all the posts seem to be worrying about grades and accommodation fears (I have a lot of those too) I thought I would instead make an optimistic thread about the clubs and societies people might like to join if they do get in! I am keen to join the rowing club and one of the dance classes, I'm undecided between beginners ballet, hip hop and modern! Does anyone else have any ideas what they would like to take part in? Hope to see some of you after summer

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to get there and meet new people through societies . I'll probably join the various choirs and also ski society, physics society and golf society The Ski Soc (Brumski) ski trip is stuff of legend hehe :P .

ReputationRep:
    Probably the Labour Party and Choir.

The Skiing one looks good too, I just wonder how much it'll cost. I haven't been skiing in years, it'd be good to take that up again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds really cool 😊 I've never been skiing before so I might stay clear- I don't want to completely embarrass myself in the first week aha!

ReputationRep:
    I definitely will be doing some dance classes, but apart from will have to see what else takes my fancy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would like to try the go cart club. I presume it being very intriguing. However as someone above said, the cost must be considered....

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to join a music group (I play the piano but the thing is, I don't know how I'll do to get a cheap keyboard/piano which can play softly or has headphones with it once I'm in Birmingham... obvs I can't travel with my piano). I was also thinking of taking up a new sport, probably fencing... I would love to do some volunteering too and join the catholic society. The Film society seems great as well! Ah, I'm afraid there won't be enough space in my timetable for all those activities haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.