Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone going to NCS powered by 'The Challenge' Summer 2014? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was just wondering if anyone would be going to do The Challenge this summer
    and anyone who has already gone to tell me what I should expect.

I'll be going from the 21st July- 7 August

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i'm meant to be going on 7th July (4days!) and i'm seriously having second thoughts because I have quite severe anxiety and i'm not good in crowded places or with new people. I might opt out of it this year and reapply for next year when i'm in sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BL1997)
    Hi guys, i'm meant to be going on 7th July (4days!) and i'm seriously having second thoughts because I have quite severe anxiety and i'm not good in crowded places or with new people. I might opt out of it this year and reapply for next year when i'm in sixth form?

Just do it this year, you might as well. After all, unless you change drastically within a year, you're just going to have the same problem, and as you've already paid and got the dates and everything you might as well go. Not to mention, next year you'll be halfway through your A-levels, so your break won't be as long and you may want to use more of the summer to study (My school gives holiday homework)

ReputationRep:

Yes I agree with Kimi21. I think you may seriously regret it if you do not go, again you will be much busier this time next year.
    I think you just need to take the first step and go although you may be very nervous, remember everyone will be in the same position as you.
    Nobody is gong to know each other so keep in mind to talk to someone. A great way is to chat to someone is the one next to you on the coach journey. Get to know the others although this might be hard for you I guarantee you will feel better and not how you are right now.

You have probably got everything ready as well i.e your clothes and the other little things. You might just as well go
    But at the end it is your decision.

Do tell what you end up doing
    and Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ncs is really great I did it in autumn at start of year 12. I dont normally like interacting with unknown people but they were really fun so yeah give it a go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in WAVE 4?!?!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

I AM doing it on the same day as u too
    I am also quite shy and prefer to be independent
    but like the others said I KNOW that others will not know each other so you can start fresh!
    Hope u have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeilahDeere)
    Anyone in WAVE 4?!?!
    I dont know when were you told?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someone_InABox)
    I dont know when were you told?
    they seem to be quite quick in chasing people up and asked me what wave i'll like to be in so I went with wave 4?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was just wondering if anyone would be going to do The Challenge this summer
    and anyone who has already gone to tell me what I should expect.

I'll be going from the 21st July- 7 August
    Im doing 21st July-7th August too!

Are you going to Snowdonia?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millahat)
    Im doing 21st July-7th August too!

Are you going to Snowdonia?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I'm not. Wow are you? That'll be so cool.
    I'm going to Somerset

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not. Wow are you? That'll be so cool.
    I'm going to Somerset
    Yeah, I am going to Snowdonia 😄 cant wait for it to start!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Guys there's already a thread for this.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2592111

ReputationRep:
    OHMYGOD MAN
    going tomorrow
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I really dont know what to expect

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.