Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where Do I Enter This Damn Product Key And Stop M$ From Cheating Me Watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently purchased a M$ Office 2013 Home and Student, the package does not come with a disk but only a product key and short instructions telling me to go to http://uk.msoffice13.com/hs in order to download the software and then enter the product key but the site isn't active and I just get a URL error and my expired trial version of M$ office won't accept the product key to reactivate as they are not the same version of office.

Does anyone know where I can enter this uk product key and download this overpriced piece of junk and not have the asses at M$ cheat me out of nearly £100 and what is rightfully mine?

ReputationRep:
    This is the link you'll need to enter your product key:

https://officesetup.getmicrosoftkey.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by throwmeaway1102)
    This is the link you'll need to enter your product key:

https://officesetup.getmicrosoftkey.com/
    I already tried this site, the product key does not work, I get a message saying

"The Product Key entered was not recognized as a valid Product Key. Please check the characters entered and try again. If the card with your 25 character Office 2013 product key references a PC manufacturer, please use www.office.com/getoffice to download your new Office product."

I don't know whether its a problem with the key, it has to be downloaded from a specific site for the home and student version or from a uk based M$ website.

ReputationRep:
    Okay I now followed the M$ link in my previous post saying that the key wasn't valid, took me to the uk download site, entered in the key and logged into my M$ account and got this message:

"Sorry, but the Product Key provided is either not valid or can no longer be used. Please make sure that the key is entered correctly. If you believe you received this message in error, please <a target="AdditionalInfo" href="/Default/Support">contact support</a> to get additional information."

This is starting to frustrate me, I paid a lot of money for this and M$ are seriously screwing me over here.

ReputationRep:
    Did you purchase it from a reputable store? Is it possible that the product key was used already?

Maybe call M$?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I contacted M$ about this issue and they checked the product key and said that it was for an older 2010 version of office which had already been used. I contacted the seller I bought it from and have already received a refund on the product. The most likely answer is that this nicely packaged 2013 student version of office is counterfeit but I have the cash to purchase another copy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.