Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Having a sensitive skin, I wonder how you cleanse your skin?
    Pure chimp super cleanser was advised me to try, do you know how quality they are?

ReputationRep:
    I can't say anything about the cleanser you mentioned, but my skin is also very sensitive. I had a very hard time with it for a few years and I tried countless different cleansers. Them I quit using a designed cleanser and switched to water. Now I've been washing my face with water about twice a day and using organic/natural facial scrub for about two times a week while showering, and my skin has finally started to get normal. But after all I shouldn't be telling you this as an order to quit cleansers and start using only water because skin is such an unique piece of you and everyone's skin is so different. If the cleanser that's been recommended to you seems nice and gentle, then why not give it a go?

ReputationRep:
    Cetaphil is an amazing face cleanser, you can buy the moisturiser to go with it too! I use it twice a day and my skin has never been so good, and it's nowhere near as expensive as some other cleansers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try some natural products

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzeeh)
    I can't say anything about the cleanser you mentioned, but my skin is also very sensitive. I had a very hard time with it for a few years and I tried countless different cleansers. Them I quit using a designed cleanser and switched to water. Now I've been washing my face with water about twice a day and using organic/natural facial scrub for about two times a week while showering, and my skin has finally started to get normal. But after all I shouldn't be telling you this as an order to quit cleansers and start using only water because skin is such an unique piece of you and everyone's skin is so different. If the cleanser that's been recommended to you seems nice and gentle, then why not give it a go?
    I agree 100%!! I have very sensitive skin and I started washing my face with cold water only and stopped having hot baths and my skins looking a lot better and I only started doing it a week ago. Also reduced redness in my cheeks so now they are a normal colour again! Woo my theory is the colder the water the better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OHNOGEM)
    I agree 100%!! I have very sensitive skin and I started washing my face with cold water only and stopped having hot baths and my skins looking a lot better and I only started doing it a week ago. Also reduced redness in my cheeks so now they are a normal colour again! Woo my theory is the colder the water the better
    And I agree 100% with the coldness thing! Cold water is good cause it makes the pores smaller and that makes it difficult for bacteria to go inside them to make impurities. Warm water just kinda gives them an open playground

ReputationRep:
    I also apply pure chimp super cleanser and want to say it work well on my skin.
    It's gentle but effective and I have no skin problems any more.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.