Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

I really need some help and some alternative ideas in order to answer a question that could be answered in so many different ways!

I have applied for a Graduate Teaching Assistant role at a university and I have an interview coming up on 15th July!

A 10 minute presentation is required for the interview and my presentation topic/question is as follows:

"What are the key policy drivers and challenges for learning and teaching in Higher Education?"

Any ideas to help me answer this question and consider would be really appreciated so thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    The main point is for you to answer the question yourself. I can't imagine many people on here will give advice without first seeing what you would consider to put in your answer.

I'm guessing they are going to be looking into what research you do yourself. What are the policies in Higher Education institutions?
    What are the challenges faced in Higher Education institutions?
    Draw from your personal experiences: both when you were at school yourself and from when you've observed people.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!

I think I've put something together that's pretty good covering 4 main factors including:

- Finance
    - Technology
    - Learning Methods
    - Student Retention Rates

I've also been told that my interview will involve a 30 minute written task!

Any ideas what this could involve?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.