Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have only just applied for accommodation through the University of Exeter.

I'm just curious as to a few things...

What accommodation fees will I be expected to pay before Uni actually starts, e.g. one month's rent in advance, deposit, etc.

Also, if I fail to meet my offer and end up going to my insurance choice, will I get my deposit back (if this is paid before August 14th) or not?

The Uni website is not clear on this issue at all!

Cheers guys.

ReputationRep:
    It says here:
    Q. When will I receive an offer of accommodation?

A. Rooms will be allocated when your academic offer becomes Unconditional Firm. This is usually after A level results in late August. Early application is advisable so that we have your information ready for when offers become Unconditional.
    And here:
    What happens when your accommodation is allocated?

You will receive an email asking you to log onto the website to review the offer.

You have seven days to accept or reject your accommodation offer.

If you accept you will need to confirm the contract and pay a deposit to secure the accommodation, otherwise the offer will be withdrawn and the room allocated to another student.
    So basically, you don't get allocated a room until you meet your offer anyway, so you don't have to pay anything until you know you're going. I'm pretty sure the deposit is £300, and then you pay for each term at the beginning of tem.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I rang the SID at the Uni and they confirmed this for me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.