Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what to do, I would like some advice please.

I have received a 2:2 with a score 1.13% off a 2:1, I'm thinking of appealing against the decision based on a lot of personal factors. I have had mitigating circumstances several times over the 3 years focused predominately on my mental health issues. I had to have an extension for my dissertation in my third year over domestic violence and having to remove myself from an environment over this, surprisingly I received a 2:1. The following and final module was supposed to be a fresh start for me but the problems did persist along with a consistent threat of homelessness and health issues. I made my tutors aware of this at the beginning of the module and I decided that I just wanted to get this last module over and done with - I worked as hard as I could and handed it in on the deadline so I could just relax and focus on the problems I was having at home and most importantly keeping myself mentally well. In all honesty I actually put more work into this module than i did my dissertation. I received a 2:2 in this module and the lowest score of the year. I'm worried that I haven't got the right grounds to an appeal as I didn't choose to have mitigating circumstances. But i really didn't want to drag the work out for longer and I was very emotionally and physically drained.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm really sorry this happened to you. Firstly, congratulations on your 2.2 you've done extremely well despite the circumstances and I hope you are doing much better. In regards to not handing in mitigating circumstances, you could argue that the reason why you chose not to have them was because it was, and is still an extremely sensitive issue for you, and you wanted to put it behind you. Were you having counselling or anything like that to help? A letter from your counsellor or doctor might suffice. Also the fact that you've said you were emotionally and physically drained indicates that you might not have been in the right mind frame to sort out your mitigating circumstances. Definitely try and appeal and get as much evidence as you can whether that might be medical evidence etc, hopefully they will class it as extenuating circumstances.

All the best!xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.