Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!!

So I applied for Next a few days ago for Sale Support Team. They rang me a hour ago, however it was kinda confusing. She rang me and told me to come in on the Thursday the 10th, however I only start work on the 15th. She also said I have to come in at 7pm till midnight. I'm confused as to why its so late as shouldnt Next close around 6?

I also asked on the phone weather it was an interview i was coming to as she was very confusing, but she said no it was the actually job. Therefore, can anyone give me any advise? I wanted to ask her more questions but she was very quick on the phone so i couldnt. What will i am doing and also why is it so late?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I think they'll be giving you an induction, which explains the after hours timing. You could call their HR department and ask though, if you want to make sure. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Did you apply via their website or through a family member/friend who already works there? It could be one of two things:

1) An induction to get you up to speed with their health and safety procedures, what's expected of you etc.
    2) Late night shifts tagging clothes and preparing the shop for the sale which may be starting on that weekend (13th/14th).

If you are unsure, there's no harm or shame in calling the store and speaking to whoever gave you your telephone interview. They will be able to explain it all to you if you ask nicely. Best of luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.