Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Strange question

I paid for something in US dollars using a British credit card, the payment went through completely fine, how will I end up paying this at the end of the month?

ReputationRep:
    You're british? You seem Italian :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahsim)
    You're british? You seem Italian :/
    Lol

In what way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    x
    You just do?

ReputationRep:
    The US dollars are automatically converted into British pounds so that amount of British pounds will be taken away from your account if that's what you're asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shopoholic)
    The US dollars are automatically converted into British pounds so that amount of British pounds will be taken away from your account if that's what you're asking.
    This.

You may have gotten a **** rate though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    This.

Is the rate same if you take out cash in the country you're visiting? Or is it more economical than paying using a credit or debit card?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahsim)
    You just do?
    I just wondered because sometimes people say I look it :curious:

(not even supposed to be a covert boast)

(Original post by alow)
    This.

Thanks guys, what is a bad rate btw?

ReputationRep:
    I just wondered because sometimes people say I look it :curious:

(not even supposed to be a humble boast)

Thanks guys, what is a bad rate btw?
    A high rate, where you pay more because you didn't consider other payment options

ReputationRep:
    A high rate, where you pay more because you didn't consider other payment options
    I mean I know what it is, but as an example, what is the worst I can expect?

ReputationRep:
    I mean I know what it is, but as an example, what is the worst I can expect?
    haha it's nothing too bad. Like if you convert the amount of US dollars you paid to British pounds, you'd get x amount of pounds but since you paid with a credit card, it will be x+y amount of pounds that will be taken away from your account but it's nothing too expensive Just check your bank statement at the end of this month or go online and have a look at the transactions!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.