ReputationRep:
    I'm studying... A-levels, in my final year so I am undergoing my A2 courses which are Psychology, Business Studies, Sociology and English Literature

I'm interested in... cooking all types of delicacies, reading a variety of books, recently read The Fault In Our Stars by John Green; fantastic book! Specifically, I am interested in pursuing long-term career in the law sector by studying criminology in higher education or alternatively pursuing a career that will enable me to push myself further in the criminological psychology aspect.

I'm thinking about... attending a university away from the city I currently live in so I am able to gain experiences of all kinds.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm Elle

im currently in my final year of 6th form and also studying English Literature at A2 level - how are you finding it so far?

Have you read any other books by John Green as I liked The Fault in Our Stars but not so much Looking for Alaska and cant decide whether to buy another of his books as I do think he is a good writer.

ReputationRep:
    I'm maryam x
    I do genuinely love English Literature but I found it pretty difficult at AS I think it was because of the exam and how daunting it was for me I didn't feel as confident in my mocks but I have a feeling I did pretty alright in the summer exam we've just sat.. oh and The Fault In Our Stars is the only book I've read by John Green I have heard from friends that he has some pretty good books, if you don't want to buy any just search online for free copies you can read to give you a taste!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Me too as I like reading but I get what you mean. What books did you study? I did Great Expectations, The Kite Runner and then Frost and Tennyson poetry. I didn't think the real exam was too bad either but now I'm worrying that they are going to raise the grade boundaries because of it.

I didn't think of doing that so thanks, you got any favourite books?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to :tsr:

Feel free to ask me anything. I'm happy to help.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see and I did Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks, Journey's End by RC Sheriff and poetry wise I did Wilfred Owen war collection.. It was all World War 1 based as you can tell aha.. The books I'm into are The Kite Runner I loved that, A Thousand Splendid Suns that was alright to be honest, I've read so many I've loved !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Different to my selection then Kite Runner book is so much better than the film, I don't think the film does it justice. Have you started your coursework yet?

ReputationRep:
    I actually haven't seen the film, I'll have to soon though to see what I think! This year for A2 we're doing 'Love Through The Ages' and studying Shakespeare, A Midsummers Nights Dream and Much Ado About Nothing.. We've just started reading them and probably start coursework properly when we're back in September. I really do feel like dropping English Literature though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the boy who plays Hassan has the cutest chubby cheeks! Again we doing totally different stuff. I know its what English is, but its just so much writing aha, with the constant note taking and essay questions.

Do you find that now though after studying English lit that whenever you read a book or something like that you read into it like you would in lesson and start analysing the meaning or is that just me

ReputationRep:
    Aww I can just imagine him! Haha and I know of completely different.. I do exactly that! You're not alone

ReputationRep:
    That's reassuring then, im not the only one aha

ReputationRep:
    What other subjects are you doing then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Biology, history & French! French really isn't my strongest subject though

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, that's a good variety to be fair and aww bless I did arabic at GCSE it was pretty good actually

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want to go into teaching so I picked them based on that, I enjoy them all really though.

Arabic wow! Thats so cool, my school didnt give us any options like that. Was it hard? Could you have a basic convo with someone in Arabic aha

ReputationRep:
    Aww, my days I've changed my mind about what kind of career I want I now want to go into property development and real estate ! Lol and yes I can hold an a basic convo

ReputationRep:
    Have you started looking at uni courses and stuff, I dont know anyone who knows Arabic as like a secondary language, really cool to know stuff like that haha

ReputationRep:
    It is pretty cool going off on a tangent here but because my faith is Islam it's said that knowing arabic is a good thing almost like an advantage in a sense it's also the language of our Book and makes it a little easier to understand what we are reading anyways lol yeah I was actually browsing online enquiry yesterday at different unis and courses I'm so excited!! wbu? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is that the religion you were born into then or is it something you've done yourself? I dont know anyone from that culture so I dont mind you going off on a tangent, its good to learn new things haha im excited as well, I went to the ucas fair yesterday with my school which was really good, got my eye on a few particular ones! I lm nervous as well though! :/ x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is and only recently I've got the whole religion concept; because we live in such a diverse and free country it's so easy just to lose and forget faith.. i do love having friends from all faiths and backgrounds its just nice to be with different people.. do you have a religion? Oh really where was the fair? I went to a fair kind of thing at Leeds Met Uni a few weeks ago that was ace and I know I'm nervous about the whole UCAS and personal statement thing agony nervous about even getting accepted into a UNI :/ x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.