Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am going to be doing AQA AS level spanish and was wondering if there is a vocab list for the exam or do you just have to read a lot of things to gain knowledge of vocab?
    any replies would be helpful thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophia_xx)
    I am going to be doing AQA AS level spanish and was wondering if there is a vocab list for the exam or do you just have to read a lot of things to gain knowledge of vocab?
    any replies would be helpful thanks
    Heya, I'm going to put this in the languages forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=98

ReputationRep:
    There is no official vocab list, but you will pick up what you need through what your teachers give you and you read/listen to. There is also this great vocabulary book called Palabra por Palabra which covers all the A Level topics' vocab in some detail, perfect for finding the odd cool phrase too.

ReputationRep:
    There might not be an 'official' vocab list, but there is an AQA AS vocab list. Your teacher will probably have that resource. Also, in the AQA textbook there is lots of useful key vocab, so that's a good starting point. A good website to use is Memrise for learning vocab. If you type in AS Spanish for example, loads of vocab lists will come up. As mentioned above, lots of people rave about Palabra por Palabra. Personally, I've never used it, but it seems to be a good resource.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, at AS Level there isn't a set list of vocab that you have to learn, but you'll find that when you do a lot of past papers, similar words, phrases and structures are sometimes repeated. If there's ever a word you don't know, look it up and write it down. For my AS exam I went through every past article from the papers and wrote down all the different words I didn't know, and although there was a lot, it really helped me to gain confidence and I felt like I knew a wider range of vocabulary.

I would recommend Palabra Por Palabra because it goes through all of the topics that you will need, and as someone else said above, if you search for Spanish AS on Memrise, there are also topic-specific vocab lists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dougieowner)
    As others have said, at AS Level there isn't a set list of vocab that you have to learn, but you'll find that when you do a lot of past papers, similar words, phrases and structures are sometimes repeated. If there's ever a word you don't know, look it up and write it down. For my AS exam I went through every past article from the papers and wrote down all the different words I didn't know, and although there was a lot, it really helped me to gain confidence and I felt like I knew a wider range of vocabulary.

I would recommend Palabra Por Palabra because it goes through all of the topics that you will need, and as someone else said above, if you search for Spanish AS on Memrise, there are also topic-specific vocab lists
    thanks !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alludeen1)
    There is no official vocab list, but you will pick up what you need through what your teachers give you and you read/listen to. There is also this great vocabulary book called Palabra por Palabra which covers all the A Level topics' vocab in some detail, perfect for finding the odd cool phrase too.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamaspoon)
    There might not be an 'official' vocab list, but there is an AQA AS vocab list. Your teacher will probably have that resource. Also, in the AQA textbook there is lots of useful key vocab, so that's a good starting point. A good website to use is Memrise for learning vocab. If you type in AS Spanish for example, loads of vocab lists will come up. As mentioned above, lots of people rave about Palabra por Palabra. Personally, I've never used it, but it seems to be a good resource.
    thanks !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.