Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

im 15 currently, 16 on the 31st July and I've officially left school. As I've got a very long summer holiday I am trying to find a job. I've tried everywhere but I can't find anything, I've been rejected at every single place. I haven't even got to the interview stage.

i live in tamworth and I would be very grateful if someone can give me any ideas or inspiration. I've tried shops, cafés, theme parks, catalogue distribution places and I really can't think of anywhere else.

thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louis3107)
    Hi everyone

im 15 currently, 16 on the 31st July and I've officially left school. As I've got a very long summer holiday I am trying to find a job. I've tried everywhere but I can't find anything, I've been rejected at every single place. I haven't even got to the interview stage.

i live in tamworth and I would be very grateful if someone can give me any ideas or inspiration. I've tried shops, cafés, theme parks, catalogue distribution places and I really can't think of anywhere else.

thanks guys
    If you are not even getting interviews the problem is probably in your CV: either it is not appealing, or you have not put in any job experience at all. Try to include projects where you participated, volunteering, helping out in the family business,... Anything at all that you can think of.

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up. Have they said why they didn't hire you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

thanks guys
    Firstly, have you tried applying for jobs in Birmingham? Tamworth's a small place! There won't be many jobs around.

Secondly, cadbury world always need more staff over summer and pay a decent rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Firstly, have you tried applying for jobs in Birmingham? Tamworth's a small place! There won't be many jobs around.

Secondly, cadbury world always need more staff over summer and pay a decent rate.

This.

Send out your CV to as many companies as you can, there are plenty of opportunities around you.

make sure that you have a decent cover sheet! this could make all the difference in companies just putting you to one side!

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks guys. I'll have a look at Cadbury world but it may be hard getting there because both my parents will be at work and they probably wouldn't be comfortable me going into birmingham on my own, the area near Cadbury world is quite rough as well so I don't think they'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks guys. I'll have a look at Cadbury world but it may be hard getting there because both my parents will be at work and they probably wouldn't be comfortable me going into birmingham on my own, the area near Cadbury world is quite rough as well so I don't think they'll be happy.
    trains should be a pretty cheap travelling that distance?

you can avoid the area pretty easily, once you are in the area of bournville you are fine, drove through there the other week and it was pretty quiet

ReputationRep:
    Im in the same situation, however there's a farm down my road which I help out at right now.
    If you like animals, how about dog walking?
    Car washing, gardening for old people, newspaper round etc? You've probably tried them all but don't give up! look online too, there's some on gumtree but I don't know if there will be any local to you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.