Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I plan on studying economics at university, I plan on applying to Nottingham, surrey, queens Mary, Bristol, ucl (if I do really good) and kent, I was wondering if I would have a chance of getting an offer as I have an A in biology and an A* in ict (my teacher told me it counts as 4 gcse's? I did the edexel course starting 2010) the rest are Bs do I have a chance even tho im predicted AAB for my a levels or maybe AAA idk yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone??????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Surrey, QM and Kent are AAB/ABB so you should be OK but Bristol notts and UCL are a*aa and will have most applicants meeting those grades so you'll probably be in trouble with them. You might want to only apply to one of those 3 then apply to one lower at BBB as back up. What a levels do you do BTW?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Surrey, QM and Kent are AAB/ABB so you should be OK but Bristol notts and UCL are a*aa and will have most applicants meeting those grades so you'll probably be in trouble with them. You might want to only apply to one of those 3 then apply to one lower at BBB as back up. What a levels do you do BTW?
    I think I can get the grades but I don't think I'll get predicted A*AA but I can achieve them at A2, I do maths, history and sociology, I've an AS level in chemistry and economics at E and a biology one at U but that won't count lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slim Shady 96)
    I think I can get the grades but I don't think I'll get predicted A*AA but I can achieve them at A2, I do maths, history and sociology, I've an AS level in chemistry and economics at E and a biology one at U but that won't count lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmm, that's annoying, tbh even if you can get A*AA without the prediction it's much less likely you'll get the offers in the first place. Doing maths will help you out but an E in economics will hurt your chances.

However, you sound like you'll be ok for Surrey, QM and Kent so maybe look at AAA courses too?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, that's annoying, tbh even if you can get A*AA without the prediction it's much less likely you'll get the offers in the first place. Doing maths will help you out but an E in economics will hurt your chances.

However, you sound like you'll be ok for Surrey, QM and Kent so maybe look at AAA courses too?
    What if I retook the economics AS? So by the time I get my A2 results I'll have a better economics grade at AS, I might get predicted AAB/AAA but it depends on my results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What if I retook the economics AS? So by the time I get my A2 results I'll have a better economics grade at AS, I might get predicted AAB/AAA but it depends on my results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Also don't you only put in the three subjects with the best grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Err, it might help, but you won't have improved it before your submit your ucas or get your offers, so I doubt it'll have much sway on it and may make you do worse in your A2's from doing effectively an extra subject

ReputationRep:
    I plan on studying economics at university, I plan on applying to Nottingham, surrey, queens Mary, Bristol, ucl (if I do really good) and kent, I was wondering if I would have a chance of getting an offer as I have an A in biology and an A* in ict (my teacher told me it counts as 4 gcse's? I did the edexel course starting 2010) the rest are Bs do I have a chance even tho im predicted AAB for my a levels or maybe AAA idk yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    GCSEs wont matter much for economics as long as you're not applying for LSE/Oxbridge etc.

ReputationRep:
    Also don't you only put in the three subjects with the best grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No you put in ALL of them, (including the U i think) but for offers they'll take your best 3 A2's unless grades are asked for in specific subjects (having applied to Surrey and QM they only ask for grades not in particular subjects)

ReputationRep:
    No you put in ALL of them, (including the U i think) but for offers they'll take your best 3 A2's unless grades are asked for in specific subjects (having applied to Surrey and QM they only ask for grades not in particular subjects)
    I think I can think of a good excuse for the bad grades maybe put it in my reference, plus my grades this year will be better than before so maybe it won't affect me that much? I do plan on resitting the economics tho, should had done it this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for deferred entry anyways so if I don't get any offers I can apply next year and get an unconditional??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.