Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey,
    hoping to take psychology at uni, really like the look of Bournemouth and going to the open day Saturday, anyone know how lienient they are on grades as I really want to go but my predicted grades are CCD not the BBB the course wants...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xX_aria_Xx)
    hey,
    hoping to take psychology at uni, really like the look of Bournemouth and going to the open day Saturday, anyone know how lienient they are on grades as I really want to go but my predicted grades are CCD not the BBB the course wants...
    Realistically, if they want 3 Bs and you are on target for CCD, they are unlikely to offer you a place. Do you think your predicted grades are fair, or could you do better if you put in more work? If you're working hard and those predictions are a fair assessment of what you're likely to achieve, then to be honest it's unlikely you will be offered a place at a uni requesting significantly higher grades. If that is the case I think you need to consider your options - uni, course, whether A levels are right for you at the moment, if restarting them would give you a better chance if you've had a bad year etc etc. Unfortunately, no matter how much you like a uni, they are unlikely to offer you a place if your predicted grasses are significantly lower than their standard offer, and if they were to look past your predictions because of some type of extenuating circumstance, their offer would probably be very close to their standard offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie1986)
    Realistically, if they want 3 Bs and you are on target for CCD, they are unlikely to offer you a place. Do you think your predicted grades are fair, or could you do better if you put in more work? If you're working hard and those predictions are a fair assessment of what you're likely to achieve, then to be honest it's unlikely you will be offered a place at a uni requesting significantly higher grades. If that is the case I think you need to consider your options - uni, course, whether A levels are right for you at the moment, if restarting them would give you a better chance if you've had a bad year etc etc. Unfortunately, no matter how much you like a uni, they are unlikely to offer you a place if your predicted grasses are significantly lower than their standard offer, and if they were to look past your predictions because of some type of extenuating circumstance, their offer would probably be very close to their standard offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel more likely to be given a offer now ive been to the open day. the lady I talked to said they don't look too much into your predicted grades, she said it would be likely id be offered a place with a condition of 300 ish ucas points, I know I can do better as I didn't try my hardest last yr. I know that I can get extra ucas points from my as drama exam and the NCS program, which means I would only have to get between 230-240 ucas points, which means I would only have to improve my D subject to C which my teacher says is possible, and to push my most confident subject up to a B (from a C), im also going to retake the subject im getting a D in to try and get better. but I will have a lower uni as a back up anyway...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.