Calling all conditional offers who applied for accomodation! :) Watch

Wonderer1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all! I just wanted to know if this has happened to you guys. I just checked my application and upon reviewing it one of my options is blank (WTB sessional let) The first part is just blank. I don't know if that means that's what I will be getting when all the unconditional offers have been given accommodation or whether this is just a error, it seems weird to me and if it is the former then YAY! XD
lucyelwell
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hopefully its not a coincidence because the same thing has happened on my application! Fingers crossed that means we've got those rooms!
wheelerc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ooh same! Maybe they're just considering it or sutin? *crosses fingers*
3vo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If your referring to the first choice option, then same here. The name of the accommendation is blank.
I initially thought I might messed up by inadvertently scrolling the mouse down.
vincentspie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My first choice is also blanked out.. Anyone with a conditional offer heard back yet?
Wonderer1
Rep:
?
(Original post by 3vo)
If your referring to the first choice option, then same here. The name of the accommendation is blank.
I initially thought I might messed up by inadvertently scrolling the mouse down.

Actually my second choice is the one that id blanked out. I didn't mind that one though since it is virtually the same as my first choice.
Wonderer1
Rep:
?
(Original post by vincentspie)
My first choice is also blanked out.. Anyone with a conditional offer heard back yet?

Not yet but it should be any day now as the unconditionals should all have been allocated rooms.
loiswilson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
my second choice is blank, i'm cool with that if that's my accommodation. Will be living off £1 pot noodles though
llacerta
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
From my experience of living in halls at Holloway for two years, whichever one is blanked out is the one you're getting.
3vo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yay here's hoping!
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello all!

I have noticed there is a lot of concern over what the 'blanked' out options in your accommodation application status means so I am here to demystify this mystery!

The blanked out option you are seeing is simply the way our accommodation system provisionally allocates rooms. I want to stress, this is not an indication of what room you will get; because it is provisional, this quirk in our system is subject to change at any time.

I also want to advise you all to please not rely on the application status when finding out which halls of residence you will get. You will receive final confirmation of this and your contract by email. So I encourage you all to regularly check your emails (including your junk and spam folders) because we will notify you as soon as we have allocated you a room.

Essentially, there's no need to come to us - we will come to you! So you can sit back, relax and wait for your halls of residence confirmation via email.

I hope that helps you all!

Emily
3vo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Received my conditional accommodation offer today. Yay first choice (blanked out option!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (47)
21.56%
Labour (107)
49.08%
Liberal Democrats (24)
11.01%
Green Party (16)
7.34%
Brexit Party (2)
0.92%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
1.38%
SNP (5)
2.29%
Plaid Cymru (1)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (3)
1.38%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)