Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    I am downloading the whole internet I will put it on a CD and sell it at school and become rich and famous and powerful.
    I already have it all on disquette.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sponge Bob)
    I already have it all on disquette.
    Damn! Foiled again my business empire is crumbling around my inadequately small feet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
    Because of the british telephone system, your modem can never connect at more than 36.6kbps, so however much you mess around with the modem, it's just not possible! 56.6 Kbps is the maximum possible connection speed... :rolleyes:

Annoying I know :mad:
    33.6 kbps, not 36.6.

ReputationRep:
    It will be your ISP. We cant get broadband in my village so we used to have freeserve dial-up. It would never connect at more than 38k, and most of the time was at 33.3 and 36.6. We changed to BT and it connects at 52k every time, on the same modem and same line.

Im on 10Mb at uni though. Can download a film in 15 minutes if I get a good connection/host

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rover)
    has anybody downloaded somethig to improve internet speed.
    ive got a 56000bps modem and the speed it runs at is 36.6bps.
    anybody have any idea>

there is somthing for downloading it makes it fast called: Metaproducts downloads Express... It downloads stuf quicker

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm at home for easter and using a connection which is about as slow as a sleeping sloth, as from tomorrow though I'll be back at uni with a superfast connection WUUUUHOOOO!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.