Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can anyone explain to me this woman's thought process? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Saw this content from "Straight White Boys Texting", a blog which shames male sexuality and violates an unspoken code of privacy by posting men's Tinder come-ons for other girls to laugh at.

Name:  tumblr_n7n2pgBfDw1tpdteqo1_1280.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  340.3 KB

Tumblr won't allow hotlinking it seems, the address of this post is http://straightwhiteboystexting.tumb...ge/90348526645.

Apparently, somehow, this post is supposed to take the piss out of the guy's irrationality and stupidity ... all I'm laughing at is the paranoia and hypocrisy of the girl. Can someone explain to me just what the hell is going through her mind? I just want to check the world hasn't gone completely mad.

For more of your daily dose of rage, look at the rest of the blog and how humourless most of the girls are and the ruthlessness with which they police the men's language. I expect they would be the first to complain if the men were too timid and passive to say anything of substance to them.

ReputationRep:
    The guy just sounds like he's casually having a laugh.

The girl sounds like a *****.

ReputationRep:
    Another thought, I think it's just so disgusting the way feminism has convinced impressionable young women like this that they have something to fear and every man is hiding a secret prejudice. It actually saddens me how paranoid she seems to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Another thought, I think it's just so disgusting the way feminism has convinced impressionable young women like this that they have something to fear and every man is hiding a secret prejudice. It actually saddens me how paranoid she seems to be.
    They're just a sad bunch of little puritan freaks who never grew up properly and never grew a spine enough to think for themselves. Just a diseased growth on this species so terribly ridden with excess tissue.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    The girl sounds as though she has something under her skin. She didn't have to analyse everything he said. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They guy's an idiot and he got put in his place by someone who realises that their brain is there to be used. I lol'd at his failure in trying to come off as an intellectual superior.

ReputationRep:
    Masculist is a word apparently.

ReputationRep:
    both of them come across as not having a clue as to what they are on about, although she is definitely rude. As for the blog as a whole, that sounds so incredibly racist and sexist it is unbelievable. Although I am sure the posters would say you can't be sexist or racist to white men, because reasons.

ReputationRep:
    To answer you question, No. Nobody knows what her thought processes are. From viewing the marginally small segment of conversation it's apparent that she herself has absolutely no idea what it is her thought processes are aswell.

ReputationRep:
    actually got to say, going through the posts most of those guys are idiots who deserve to be shamed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucaf)
    actually got to say, going through the posts most of those guys are idiots who deserve to be shamed
    Sure, I won't dispute that, but just as many seem like perfectly intelligent, reasonable guys who try, on a dating app, to slip in a bit of light-hearted flirtation rather than have a sterile conversation. Whether she responds in good humour or by tearing you to shreds and shaming you online appears to be complete pot luck.

ReputationRep:
    I'd quite like to see what she said to him before the screen caps.

From what I see however, she is being downright wilfully ignorant and wrongfully dismissive towards him.

ReputationRep:
    Both seem like knobs.

Also, as a bove, want to see what else was said...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.