Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do we pierce our ears? Watch

ReputationRep:
    When you think about it, putting holes in your flesh seems like a slightly bizarre thing to do. I just think it's strange that it appears to be more unusual if a girl does not have her ears pierced than if she does.

Just a thought that came into my head...

Extra Question: Do any guys on TSR have any piercings?

ReputationRep:
    It's jewellery innit. Just another way of 'enhancing' ones image. Piercings can be nice.

Do any guys on TSR have any piercings?
    The gay ones

ReputationRep:
    I've got a labret. Toyed with the idea of getting my bridge done but never followed through with that (workplace discrimination would prevent me from getting a job). I'll probably have my nape done before the year's out.

ReputationRep:
    There aren't enough holes on our body.

ReputationRep:
    Adornment and religion. For me (Indian Hindu) Mundan is performed to ward off evil, it is a ceremony for babies but as it is so standard people just do it because it's tradition and looks nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    There aren't enough holes on our body.
    :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I think the real issue is that RI think they can charge me £17.99 for a SINGLE earring. :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnAYgNnA5A0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maharaniii)
    :indiff:
    :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    I think the real issue is that RI think they can charge me £17.99 for a SINGLE earring. :unimpressed:
    When I got my ears pierced a second time from Claire's (quite a few years back now) it was like "Ear piercing is free...but earrings cost £24". In all fairness though those earrings are still in great condition to this day despite the fact that I've worn them to death.

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammeyouareyou)
    When I got my ears pierced a second time from Claire's (quite a few years back now) it was like "Ear piercing is free...but earrings cost £24". In all fairness though those earrings are still in great condition to this day despite the fact that I've worn them to death.

Cheers!
    But the ones from River a island are feather pieces of tat. They last two months and...why do I buy this crap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    But the ones from River a island are feather pieces of tat. They last two months and...why do I buy this crap?
    Ohh lol, I was wondering what RI was. Yeah they do overprice their jewellery. I tend to wait until the sale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maharaniii)
    Adornment and religion. For me (Indian Hindu) Mundan is performed to ward off evil, it is a ceremony for babies but as it is so standard people just do it because it's tradition and looks nice.
    This is really interesting. I never knew it was a religious ceremony.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh lol, I was wondering what RI was. Yeah they do overprice their jewellery. I tend to wait until the sale.
    I have to, I'm a poor student.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, my mother got it done on me when I was a babby, not like I had a choice :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    This is really interesting. I never knew it was a religious ceremony.
    cutting hair is part of it as well for several reasons, from beauty to religion to health.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.