Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Last night was my end of school leavers' ball. After the ball I went to a friends house and stayed there for the evening and early hours of the morning. At my friend's house was this girl that I have liked since she joined the school in yr12. I think she probably knows that I like her but she happens to be one of the 'popular group' and so I didn't talk to her alone very often. At my friends party however we were having a really fun time together and getting on well. She often hugged me and grabbed me by the shoulder or chest. I was going to try to kiss her but I had to leave with my friends to walk home safely. (I should have stayed the night tbh). When I left she said "no no don't leave" and like grabbed me and hugged me closely. I said "bye" and should have like said 'lets meet up later' but was a bit distracted tbh by her hugging. As I was leaving I saw her hug some other guy which made me feel like it didn't mean anything. I worry that it might have just been the alcohol causing her to be like this as well. I really like this girl so do I ask her out or message her and risk looking like an idiot or do I leave it and let it be and move on?

Btw I have never kissed anyone or gone out with anyone before

ReputationRep:
    She's throwing herself indiscriminately at anything that moves and that has a ****. Don't get your hopes up. Keep a level head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonWorrier)
    Last night was my end of school leavers' ball. After the ball I went to a friends house and stayed there for the evening and early hours of the morning. At my friend's house was this girl that I have liked since she joined the school in yr12. I think she probably knows that I like her but she happens to be one of the 'popular group' and so I didn't talk to her alone very often. At my friends party however we were having a really fun time together and getting on well. She often hugged me and grabbed me by the shoulder or chest. I was going to try to kiss her but I had to leave with my friends to walk home safely. (I should have stayed the night tbh). When I left she said "no no don't leave" and like grabbed me and hugged me closely. I said "bye" and should have like said 'lets meet up later' but was a bit distracted tbh by her hugging. As I was leaving I saw her hug some other guy which made me feel like it didn't mean anything. I worry that it might have just been the alcohol causing her to be like this as well. I really like this girl so do I ask her out or message her and risk looking like an idiot or do I leave it and let it be and move on?

Btw I have never kissed anyone or gone out with anyone before
    She hugged another biy, idk gamechanger.

Brah, I think she cheated on you before you even got to ask her out..

ReputationRep:
    that was what i was thinking which is kinda sh*tty. cheers for the advice though.

"no woman no cry" - Bob Marley

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I agree that you shouldn't get your hopes up, the hug itself may have meant nothing. You do however mention that you did have a good time so I suggest you carry this on by talking to her over text or in person would be better if possible. Then you;ll get a better idea of whether or not you should ask her out, at this stage though it is probably too early to ask her out

And DEFINITELY message her, longer you leave it the harder it'll get

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone reading so much into a bloody hug?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freudian Slip)
    Why is everyone reading so much into a bloody hug?
    Latest TSR trend :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyEcliptic)
    Latest TSR trend :confused:
    Along with a million and one threads about racism, feminism and sexism?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it might've been the alcohol, but you may as well message her even if it doesn't happen. At least you've tried and you won't be kicking yourself over it years later.

ReputationRep:
    Buddy, just go for it! Whatever happened and regardless of whether alcohol influenced what she did, the point is that you got to spend time with her so you now know her a bit better than before. Just say something along the lines of, I had a really fun time with you the other night, would you like to get some coffee or ice cream with me one afternoon? Use the nice weather as an excuse and take it from there.

If she says yes, then great. If no, then no worries. Nobody will think you're an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freudian Slip)
    Along with a million and one threads about racism, feminism and sexism?
    Half the crap that turns up on this forum really is awful!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.