The Student Room Group

The Secret Life of Students on Channel 4

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSR Mustafa
Lol why do freshers drink so much , i don't see the point behind it. Why become closer to having a failing liver and a throbbing headache come morning.

Life's about having fun, hangover isn't fun but the drinking is

tbh, I'd be mad if I was Aiden too, not much social drinking going on when first year you've got the most time for it

Edit: Hassan's cool, I think I know where he lives (lives in same town as me) and his house which you briefly see reminds me of a place
(edited 9 years ago)
This weeks episode was more toned down than expected. I really liked it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thoughts so far (I'm about 1/3 of the way through).
1) Aiden is an idiot. Complaining because 'everybody takes their work too seriously'. It's uni for ****s sake. You go there to get a degree, not to **** around everyday. He also laughed at a pregnant woman falling over. I mean, really?
2) Hassan is a child. Can't do his own washing up, can't get himself up for lectures. His mum is weird- why must he ccall her everyday?
3) Brenda is not money wise. Who spends £300 on clothes and shoes?
Reply 203
I Think Brenda would have been happier in Uni if she had managed her finances well instead of splashing it on shopping but she is lucky she had that Troy guy to help :redface: Kinda feel bad for her but kinda dont.

Aiden is a little irritating. If all he wants to do is party then dont go to Uni. Theres people that sweat their asses off to get in. Nothing ever works out perfectly the way we want all the time so just cos he couldn't do a placement in America didn't mean the world was over.

Hassan's just super lazy and needs to sort himself out.

It was nice to see Lauren actually joining in with her flatmates and stuff near the end:}
Hassan sounds like Raj in Come Fly with Me, thats a good thing
Original post by TheNacho63
Hassan sounds like Raj in Come Fly with Me, thats a good thing

haha that show was sick!!
Reply 206
Surely you'd work out your finances before you got to Uni? Can't believe people would really consider dropping out in freshers too?! Bizarre man, I swear I met no one like those on the show at all in my first year, so immature.
This episode bored me a bit, it's getting more and more boring. I think Freshers last year was more interesting tbh.
they all seem a bit attention seeking trying to grab any chance of getting on tv,especially that aiden nob head
Reply 209
To be honest yeah, I love them all....they're all special people in their own ways and its good to be special lol
Original post by thechemistress
Thoughts so far (I'm about 1/3 of the way through).
1) Aiden is an idiot. Complaining because 'everybody takes their work too seriously'. It's uni for ****s sake. You go there to get a degree, not to **** around everyday. He also laughed at a pregnant woman falling over. I mean, really?
2) Hassan is a child. Can't do his own washing up, can't get himself up for lectures. His mum is weird- why must he ccall her everyday?
3) Brenda is not money wise. Who spends £300 on clothes and shoes?

I watched the whole of Episode 3 just now on 4oD and yeah Aiden is an idiot still as in Episode 1 and 2, he probably should have left uni if all he wants to do is party. His mum was right to tell him that he's wasting his life away not going to uni, but I think he also needs the realisation and kick up the back side that at uni he shouldn't only be partying too, sure once in a while but not every night as he hopes for. Maybe the fact that no one else is willing to go out every night will influence him to work.

Hassan to be fair was an alright person, most people when they first start uni are new to relying on themselves anyway so it's slightly understandable - even if he is more of a mama's boy than your average student. The only thing that really annoyed me about him is that he's so lazy! What's the point being in uni if all you're doing is sleeping through your lectures or not going to them? He seemed to do okay for someone who misses lectures anyway so meh. His mum must just be super overprotective which is why she calls him everyday - being his mum and all she probably misses him too.

Brenda I thought was quite an interesting person so it's a shame they only showed her less unfortunate sides this episode. But yeah, crap at money, but she's probably learnt from that mistake after having to ask a complete stranger for money. She didn't even look bothered tbh when she met him too which was a bit rude, but then again she did say she was tired so it's understandable.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by yellowcopter
I watched the whole of Episode 3 just now on 4oD and yeah Aiden is an idiot still as in Episode 1 and 2, he probably should have left uni if all he wants to do is party. His mum was right to tell him that he's wasting his life away not going to uni, but I think he also needs the realisation and kick up the back side that at uni he shouldn't only be partying too, sure once in a while but not every night as he hopes for. Maybe the fact that no one else is willing to go out every night will influence him to work.

Hassan to be fair was an alright person, most people when they first start uni are new to relying on themselves anyway so it's slightly understandable - even if he is more of a mama's boy than your average student. The only thing that really annoyed me about him is that he's so lazy! What's the point being in uni if all you're doing is sleeping through your lectures or not going to them? He seemed to do okay for someone who misses lectures anyway so meh. His mum must just be super overprotective which is why she calls him everyday - being his mum and all she probably misses him too.

Brenda I thought was quite an interesting person so it's a shame they only showed her less unfortunate sides this episode. But yeah, crap at money, but she's probably learnt from that mistake after having to ask a complete stranger for money. She didn't even look bothered tbh when she met him too which was a bit rude, but then again she did say she was tired so it's understandable.

Going to lectures isn't that important to everyone, most people are just after a good grade and so if you can get them independently then why not

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can kinda see Aiden's point. I mean every night is a bit extreme but I lrobably average 3 or 4 nights out a week in first year and only really out effort in at exam time
Original post by ElChapo
Going to lectures isn't that important to everyone, most people are just after a good grade and so if you can get them independently then why not

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's why I said 'so meh' about Hassan, if he can independent study well/rely on notes and PowerPoint slides without actually going to the lectures I suppose it's not a problem. The only problem is the uni being a bit strict with attendance.
Aiden still a ****.
Hassan's relationship with his mum has been detrimental to his development.
Brenda's a class-a bitch.
Original post by yellowcopter
That's why I said 'so meh' about Hassan, if he can independent study well/rely on notes and PowerPoint slides without actually going to the lectures I suppose it's not a problem. The only problem is the uni being a bit strict with attendance.

My uni takes attendance into consideration for module results. :/
This girl spends £300 pounds on clothes , gets mad at her parents for not wasting money on her and then turns to a gullible fool to borrow £500 pounds off ? Jesus christ , the entitlement complex some women posses is frankly disturbing , would a guy seriously ask someone off the internet for £500 pounds ? No , he would live with the consequences of his actions.

He's even more of an idiot for not cutting out contact with her right there and then.

Lmao , to top it off after he agrees to do it she says "I think im falling in love with you" , do you think if she would have said that if he had said no ? No chance .
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cole-slaw
Are all 18 year olds this vacuous, useless, and lacking in any degree of willpower and self-esteem, or did they select these lot especially?

I wasn't really like that.

Btu then I do feel like a bit of an outlier :s-smilie:
Reply 218
Original post by blueskyblue
This girl spends £300 pounds on clothes , gets mad at her parents for not wasting money on her and then turns to a gullible fool to borrow £500 pounds off ? Jesus christ , the entitlement complex some women posses is frankly disturbing , would a guy seriously ask someone off the internet for £500 pounds ? No , he would live with the consequences of his actions.

He's even more of an idiot for not cutting out contact with her right there and then.

Lmao , to top it off after he agrees to do it she says "I think im falling in love with you" , do you think if she would have said that if he had said no ? No chance .

Totally agree with this 100%. She didn't act like she was "in love" with him when they met. Just saying
Original post by mjj22
Totally agree with this 100%. She didn't act like she was "in love" with him when they met. Just saying

She was very distant , very masculine and difficult , if I was him i'd have been terribly dissapointed not quite sure what he saw in her.

She's like a caricature of your hood rat black girl , I know all black girls aren't like this but acting like this is very very very unattractive , I think its why black guys are the most likely to be in interracial relationships.

Quick Reply

Latest