The Student Room Group

The Secret Life of Students on Channel 4

Scroll to see replies

Looks like that was the series finale, is there anything else to watch like this in English?
tbh I admire Tanya for what she is doing for her daughter, I hope she came out of first year with a great mark. Same with everyone else :smile:
Bit of a meh finish tbh, would have been better if it was a longer series.
Oh and for once no aiden :biggrin:!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Having just completed first year myself, I find this programme genuinely fascinating - from Brenda's opinions on student finance to Lauren's struggle with freshers week, all of it. It's been made really well, and completely exposes the way in which teenagers use social media and I have enjoyed every minute.

Hats off to ch4! :yep:
God Brenda was a trainwreck I couldn't stand her. I seriously hope I don't end up with someone like her in September.
Is it just me or is Ben really attractive?

I'm really proud of Tanya, really dont know how she does it. I would have most likely given up if i was her!!
Original post by Saleem Aslam
Bit of a meh finish tbh, would have been better if it was a longer series.
Oh and for once no aiden :biggrin:!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed, didn't even really feel like it was ending. Had to check the 4od programme list.

Original post by RoundTrip
God Brenda was a trainwreck I couldn't stand her. I seriously hope I don't end up with someone like her in September.

Yeah, don't think I could cope with someone like that either haha
Was that really the season finale? What am I going to watch on a Thursday now?!
Reply 368
So, I'm sorry for being secretive about who I am, but I wasn't sure how I was going to be portrayed or received! Seeing the comments already I'm happy :smile:
So.. I am Tanya :smile:
Original post by Lollyx9
So, I'm sorry for being secretive about who I am, but I wasn't sure how I was going to be portrayed or received! Seeing the comments already I'm happy :smile:

MILF
Original post by Lollyx9

pics or it didnt happen
Original post by Afghan Warrior
Is it just me or is Ben really attractive?

I'm really proud of Tanya, really dont know how she does it. I would have most likely given up if i was her!!

What do you find attractive about him?
Original post by Jordanap
What do you find attractive about him?

In all honesty i dont know hahah.
But I guess he seems approachable and super friendly. And his voice is nice :colondollar:
Original post by moonriver96
i can finally join this conversation- i watched the first two episodes... waiting for the third- i actually like it. is this an accurate representation of what freshers/uni will be like? can't believe some of them actually managed to get into uni tbh *ahem* aiden.

Youve got to consider that only a certain kind of person would willingly share all of this nationally.. globally even. So its not going to be very realistic in some cases.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lollyx9

Can I ask an honest question please? :smile:

You said about wanting to go to uni because you need it for most good jobs, but you want to be a police officer?

Now I can understand wanting to go to uni because a graduate is better than a non-graduate and it will open up loads of possibilities for you, but I didn't think a degree really helps you police-wise?

Fwiw I think you will make a brilliant cop and I hope you and Skye are doing well, all the best completing your degree :smile:
That Brenda girl is a classic example of someone who should never go to university. Waste of her money and the uni's time. Much better learning something practical instead of psychology, a pseudo-scientific degree which is useless in the jobs market.

Perhaps it's her own fault or a case of being given poor advice, I don't know.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
That Brenda girl is a classic example of someone who should never go to university. Waste of her money and the uni's time. Much better learning something practical instead of psychology, a pseudo-scientific degree which is useless in the jobs market.

Perhaps it's herself or a case of being given poor advice, I don't know.

It's funny because it's true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ahappydyl
Hates biology, wants to be a surgeon...

Exactly what I thought.

Can't be bothered to write a paper on protein folding, when protein mutations are the basis of the majority of genetic diseases? Don't think that's gonna come up in med school?

He just seemed like someone who was so arrogant that they were going to do amazingly and couldn't accept failure - you can't save everyone!
Original post by orange crush
Can I ask an honest question please? :smile:

You said about wanting to go to uni because you need it for most good jobs, but you want to be a police officer?

Now I can understand wanting to go to uni because a graduate is better than a non-graduate and it will open up loads of possibilities for you, but I didn't think a degree really helps you police-wise?

Fwiw I think you will make a brilliant cop and I hope you and Skye are doing well, all the best completing your degree :smile:

I know im not the person you want to answer this. But my brothers just joined the police having a very low passed degree (as far as im aware) in something sport related. He says that lately theyre a lot more inclusive of anyone joining and you dont need specific qualitifcations etc just need to pass the exams and fitness tests etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HarrietROAR
I know im not the person you want to answer this. But my brothers just joined the police having a very low passed degree (as far as im aware) in something sport related. He says that lately theyre a lot more inclusive of anyone joining and you dont need specific qualitifcations etc just need to pass the exams and fitness tests etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have a couple of cops in the family and none of them even went to uni. I think they look for a wide range of applicants, both degree holders and high school dropouts. My cousin says to me that the only real advantage to having a degree is that you can join a program that guarantees you fast-tracked promotion.

Quick Reply

Latest