The Student Room Group

Re: *** DENTISTRY Graduate Entry Programme 2015!!!! *** Applicants Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

yaaay I got my invite too see you guys there
I think so - quite the journey and it will certainly be a long day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely gonna be a long day
Original post by dentgeek290
Don't worry I got mine on the 4th last year so if it doesn't come by then, then I would recommend calling up the uni to ask :smile:

How was the test you did last year?
what stuff came up?
Reply 164
Hi,
Thank you for the info. About the entry exam, do you know how many questions will come?
Also, what % you should get in order to be invited for interview.
Thank you
Reply 165
hmm...I just don't how much depth to go into with this revision/recap? :confused:
Reply 166
me too have no idea , need help
Looks like everyone is a bit clueless for the UCLan exam, from what I heard people have barely revised and been offered an interview with very basic knowledge. I thought almost everyone would be invited for the exam!
Original post by BiomedDentist
Hi there,

With graduate entry you have the fund the £4000 in year one and the rest is paid via student loans and NHS bursaries.
If you can I would apply for undergrad, it's easier to get into and there is student finance in place. If you do undergrad dentistry as a second degree you must fund the tuition fees yourself (Thats £9000+ a year).

You can apply with a biomedical engineering degree, I would personally suggest Biomedical Sciences or Biochemistry though. Though Universities will accept biomedical engineering, I think Biomedical Sciences will be more relevant.

I hope this helps, don't hesitate to ask if you need any help.
Good Luck
:smile:

Hello,
I have applied to study Pharmacy as an undergraduate. My question is that after I get my degree in Pharmacy would i be able to study dentistry as an undergraduate.

Im only asking this because on this forum most people are studying biomed first and then applying for dentistry.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hamzakhairkhwah
Hello,
I have applied to study Pharmacy as an undergraduate. My question is that after I get my degree in Pharmacy would i be able to study dentistry as an undergraduate.

Im only asking this because on this forum most people are studying biomed first and then applying for dentistry.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,

The universities do have lists of courses they generally accept, sometimes it's under FAQs. Some such as Liverpool and UCLAN have a 'verification of prior learning' document, and as long as your degree has taught certain things then you can apply. I'm pretty sure pharmacy is a good degree for applying to grad entry dentistry, and you can also apply for the 5 year course (if you are able to fund it.

Hope this helps
Hi there,

The universities do have lists of courses they generally accept, sometimes it's under FAQs. Some such as Liverpool and UCLAN have a 'verification of prior learning' document, and as long as your degree has taught certain things then you can apply. I'm pretty sure pharmacy is a good degree for applying to grad entry dentistry, and you can also apply for the 5 year course (if you are able to fund it.

Hope this helps

Thanks. How does the funding process work?
Thanks. How does the funding process work?

You are entitled to a maintenance loan (no grant) for living costs, and for the 4 year graduate entry you have to fund the first approx £4000 of the first year then you are entitled to student loans and NHS bursaries to make up the rest.
For the 5 year you have to fund 100% of the tuition yourself (£36,000) with the final year paid by the NHS.

4 year: NHS bursary every year
5 Year: NHS bursary in final year only

hope this helps
You are entitled to a maintenance loan (no grant) for living costs, and for the 4 year graduate entry you have to fund the first approx £4000 of the first year then you are entitled to student loans and NHS bursaries to make up the rest.
For the 5 year you have to fund 100% of the tuition yourself (£36,000) with the final year paid by the NHS.

4 year: NHS bursary every year
5 Year: NHS bursary in final year only

hope this helps

Thanks alot. Your help is appreciated
Thanks alot. Your help is appreciated

Sorry to bother you. While im study pharmacy like for example im in my 2nd year, am i able to apply for dentistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to bother you. While im study pharmacy like for example im in my 2nd year, am i able to apply for dentistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can only apply in your final year, even for deferred entry :smile:

oh unless you dropped out of pharmacy and applied to 5 year dentistry with your A-levels but that wouldn't appear well on an application.

My advice would be finish pharmacy and apply to grad entry :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
You can only apply in your final year, even for deferred entry :smile:

oh unless you dropped out of pharmacy and applied to 5 year dentistry with your A-levels but that wouldn't appear well on an application.

My advice would be finish pharmacy and apply to grad entry :smile:

Ill stick with your advice, it seems appropriate. Thanks. I recently recieved an email from LJMU inviting me for an interview and aptitude test. Could you tell me a little about how the interviews and aptitute tests are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
LJMU don't do dentistry and I don't think any of us go there sorry. You are perhaps better of on another forum page

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LittleLamp
LJMU don't do dentistry and I don't think any of us go there sorry. You are perhaps better of on another forum page

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not refering to dentistry, i was talking about pharmacy???
Oh sorry! My mistake! Not sure as I'm doing medical science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 179
Aberdeen Interview for Weds 9th Dec :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest