Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is it normal to watch your female friends get dressed? Watch

Announcements

I hang out with a group of girls with me being the only the guy, we get ready in one of their places, I turn up already ready and often wait around as they put of dresses, make up and other things.

They said I could come in the bedroom while they get changed but its extremely awkward seeing them in their bras and panties. They said they don't mind if I sit and watch but I don't know where to look and I admit i almost got a boner.

Is this normal to be weirded about this? should I just stick to sitting outside?

ReputationRep:
    They probably think you're gay and don't mind you seeing because of that...Chill and go with it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol!!

Just come later? Or pretend to be on ur phone?

ReputationRep:
    It's a sign of good friendship

ReputationRep:
    You sir, are living the life all men dream of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    memory-fap to it

ReputationRep:
    Do they then have a pillow fight?

ReputationRep:
    They liiiike you

It certainly doesn't sound like a common thing, being invited into a bedroom full of girls all getting dressed. If you feel uncomfortable just say you'll wait in the living room or something. If they insist you to stay in the room then it seems fairly obvious they're trying to hint something.

But seriously, if you're uncomfortable, just say you'll wait in the living room or the kitchen or something.

ReputationRep:
    Don't make a big deal out of it or over-sexualise the situation.

I'm comfortable getting changed around some of my male friends because I don't see them as a threat or really give a crap what they think of my body. Doesn't mean I wouldn't call them out if they got pervy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallMeJay)
    You sir, are living the life all men dream of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably not as they probably think he's gay (ie: he doesn't really care for their bodies)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Probably not as they probably think he's gay (ie: he doesn't really care for their bodies)
    Lol, fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Aivicore)
    Don't make a big deal out of it or over-sexualise the situation.

I'm comfortable getting changed around some of my male friends because I don't see them as a threat or really give a crap what they think of my body. Doesn't mean I wouldn't call them out if they got pervy.
    say if you sat there with all men getting changed, wouldn't you find that awkward.

Its hard not to sexualise things when parts on display

(Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
    They liiiike you

It certainly doesn't sound like a common thing, being invited into a bedroom full of girls all getting dressed. If you feel uncomfortable just say you'll wait in the living room or something. If they insist you to stay in the room then it seems fairly obvious they're trying to hint something.

But seriously, if you're uncomfortable, just say you'll wait in the living room or the kitchen or something.
    yeah they do, I know its strange because either way I'm sat around feeling awkward.

I don't know if they hinting anything just including me

ReputationRep:
    How about you try and get changed whilst they are getting changed? See what happens.

ReputationRep:
    it sounds like you dont really want to see them in that way. but when the parts are on display its hard to think differently. its like tying up a former cocaine addict in a room filled with cocaine. He doesnt want it but the fact he is surrounded with it doesnt help.
    I agree with the above, just say something like "im fine in the living room" or something.

ReputationRep:
    No, not normal lol. And your reaction seems perfectly justified really. I'd have just waited outside! (though conversely the temptation not to would be there :p:)

ReputationRep:
    It means she likes you or you're on level 100 in the friend zone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yeah they do, I know its strange because either way I'm sat around feeling awkward.

I don't know if they hinting anything just including me
    Would it be less awkward for you if you weren't in the same room?

(Original post by The_Blade)
    It means she likes you or you're on level 100 in the friend zone

Posted from TSR Mobile

but a friendzone is when you trying to get with them which I'm not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    say if you sat there with all men getting changed, wouldn't you find that awkward.

Its hard not to sexualise things when parts on display
    I wouldn't find it any more awkward than the reverse.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ...But then I'm pansexual, so it makes sense. I think I sexualise everything a bit less in general because there is no distinct group of people who I view as potential sexual partners.

I understand that there are "parts" on display, but are the girls actually showing genitals or breasts? If not, as I said earlier, you shouldn't read into it; They're just comfortable around you and see you as non-threatening.

If it was one girl on her own, I'd question it a bit, but since it's a group, they're probably just rolling with it 'cause they don't wanna be singled out as the person who requested you leave/had to get changed on their own.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.