Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Met a girl who I like - but unsure where to go with it? - Please Help Watch

I met a girl at college whilst doing an evening GCSE class, we are both mature students but still only in our early 20's.

On the last day of the course (which ran only 2 hours each Tuesday) I decided to tell her (via email) I think I like her and would she meet up sometime. A few days later she replied and gave me her number explaining she rarely used email.

So after a couple of weeks texting each other daily (very civil texts, such as how is your day etc? mainly started by me), we planned to meet in her home town, but she bailed last minute due to an apparent injury rendering her unavailable, but she promised she would meet another week.

So last week we did meet up and it was ok, again it was all very civil, we chatted about general things, sat on benches and talked, and after a couple of hours we hugged and then parted.

After the meet-up I wasn't sure whether to text her soon after, or wait? This was due to the fact I had no idea how I came across, if the meet went well, if she saw me as a friend or a potential boyfriend, to see if she would text me?

I didn't want her to think I was too serious or scare her away, so I waited 3 days and then texted her and she replied 2 days after.

I don't know what to do about this, I like her, but we keep sending each other civil messages, hows things?work?what are you up to?, but in all truth I feel I am not good enough. I've always had confidence issues, never been in a relationship and feel pretty inadequate around females, when we met conversation did not at all flow smoothly, I kept stuttering and she was the one who remained 'together'.

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    If you only hugged after a date man then it doesn't look good

(Original post by R0ckTillWeDr0p)
    If you only hugged after a date man then it doesn't look good
    If I said it was a date then I probably got carried away, we just met as friends. I think that I must be looking into this too much and will probably end up getting hurt, as usual

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you should worry that much. Time is valuable and the more time you spend with her the more she'll hopefully like you!
    Just keep it slow and smooth. Just because you didn't get more than a hug doesn't mean it was bad & just because she 'bailed' out first time doesn't really indicate that she doesn't want to see you. Stop over analysing dude, relax and enjoy life!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.