Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend any reasonably priced phones (around £20 a month)? I am currently considering the iPhone 4S and Nexus 5. Thoughts on these two?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    You mongrel, the only correct choice is the Nexus 5. It's superior in every way and the iPhone is a hyped and inflated piece of crap. No bloatware, lightning processor speed and having a much cooler name. My mind is boggled as to why you are struggling to make a simple decision.

ReputationRep:
    Nexus 5 is best to buy outright (sim-free) and use with a cheap monthly contract, other than that I'd get the HTC One (even the older One - not the M8)

ReputationRep:
    Moto G (starts at £125 on Amazon) or Nexus 5 (starts at £260 but you can get them for like £180-£200 on eBay) off-contract then get a SIM only contract is what I would recommend.

These 2 are a lot cheaper than the 4S. I've got both and they're sick phones for the price
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Bare in mind that both of these phones are likely to be succeeded in the next few months (the 4S as Apple's entry level phone and the N5 as Google's flagship), so you may want to hold off on jumping into a two year contract as they'll either be replaced by similarly priced but newer phones or simply drop lower in price. If not, then I'd go Nexus 5. Still gets you 90% of the way towards the flagship experience of the top of the line models for a great price.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.