Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So there's this girl I've met, and really get on with. She's funny, beautiful, intelligent, etc...but she's 31.
    I'm 23. The age gap, and people's perceptions really aren't the issue here, that doesn't bother me-
    What bothers me, is I've I want to marry her (down the line) and have kids.
    For example lets say;
    -We date or two years (she's then 33)
    -Get engaged, the get married one year later (34)
    -Enjoy marriage for a 2/3 years (36/37)
    -First kid at 37.

It's all just getting a bit late, especially if I want 2 or 3 kids.

I like her, but just don't think our lives match up?

ReputationRep:
    go for it, you never know age is just a number... cliché maybe but I had a crush on my 50ish French teacher... I know it's creepy hahahaa but seriously love is love mannn peace and what you will

ReputationRep:
    Mate when I was 17 I was seeing a 25 year old.... If you actually really like her go for it! Don't worry about all the other factors... you could have kids with her in two years if you really want to!

ReputationRep:
    Who says you have to get married before you have kids? If you want kids with this woman and you'd rather not leave it too late, then as long as you're financially secure and confident that you'll stay together, it doesn't really matter whether your kids come before or after your wedding. (Unless one/both of you is religious or something)

ReputationRep:
    How did you meet her ?

Its not practical time wise but love is not the most logical of things , go for it .

ReputationRep:
    Well if she makes you happy I guess you should just go for it. Hopefully she's better than the average woman who will divorce you and take half of your assets 10 years down the line. You don't want to be the kind of guy who sees his kids for a few hours every Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So there's this girl I've met, and really get on with. She's funny, beautiful, intelligent, etc...but she's 31.
    I'm 23. The age gap, and people's perceptions really aren't the issue here, that doesn't bother me-
    What bothers me, is I've I want to marry her (down the line) and have kids.
    For example lets say;
    -We date or two years (she's then 33)
    -Get engaged, the get married one year later (34)
    -Enjoy marriage for a 2/3 years (36/37)
    -First kid at 37.

It's all just getting a bit late, especially if I want 2 or 3 kids.

I like her, but just don't think our lives match up?
    You don't have to go down that time line. You can have kids in 2 years and get married later I'd probably want to get pregnant straight after marrying. I'm 29 btw. I guess the negatives of being someone my age is that I'm personally not willing to drag it out. Some are though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.