The Student Room Group

Advice what to tell friend.

This may be long, but here goes:
I go to an American university, and want advice of what to tell a friend/do in a certain situation. All year we have had a friend who I always had a lot of respect for and held in high regard. Then a couple of months ago she met a guy (who goes to another school). She would text him all day nonstop. It always seemed quick to me ie. they were 'dating' before even going on a date, and were 'boyfriend and girlfriend' despite only having met once. Then I returned home for summer but she stayed for summer school and was re-united with her boyfriend. Coincidently I returned to campus the day after she left to study abroad after three weeks. It was now that I heard some interesting things. During the time she is away other friends were told they weren't allowed to have any communication with him, despite them meeting through some of our friends. She is now also wanting to transfer unis to where her bf is. Another reason is that despite being 'friends' with us for a school year, she 'didn't find her people' so essentially we were just temporary until she could find better. She would also spend 24/7 with him and spend no time with anybody or talk about anything else. She was also supposed to share a dorm room with a friend next year but essentially said she didn't like her.
Are we being unreasonable to be highly offended by this behavior especially considering she has only been in the physical presence of her bf for 3 weeks, or should we try to be more considerate? Sorry if this was long.
(edited 9 years ago)
I would be offended too. I get the impression that she only wanted to be friends until she found someone better.
Reply 2
She's a prick.

Don't care anymore about what she does, or what she wants, or why.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending