Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why am I always broke!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am totally broke this month and the month just began, all i wanted to buy was a pair of leggings.
    Paid my rent, paid my student loan, paid my monthly car loan and paid my groceries and i am broke. I need a new job for sure

Anyone else already broke for the month?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you need a better job or find ways to cut down your costs.

ReputationRep:
    You ought to partake in a medical trial by which newly discovered vaccines are injected into you. It's likely very safe and all is required is 6 or so days in hospital where doctors observe your bodies reaction to said vaccine. I've seen trials pay from £1000 to £2500 depending on how much of your staying in hospital is required; though obviously the type of drug injected into you would also affect the price somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I live within my means. Not at the boundary of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friendly Liberal)
    You ought to partake in a medical trial by which newly discovered vaccines are injected into you. It's likely very safe and all is required is 6 days in hospital where doctors observe your bodies reaction to said vaccine. I've seen trials pay from £1000 to £2500 depending on how much of your staying in hospital is required; though obviously the type of drug injected into you would also affect the price somewhat.
    Here let yourself be used as a human guinea pig with potentially fatal consequences for a short term financial benefit which in the long term is really not a lot of money/

ReputationRep:
    You ought to partake in a medical trial by which newly discovered vaccines are injected into you. It's likely very safe and all is required is 6 or so days in hospital where doctors observe your bodies reaction to said vaccine. I've seen trials pay from £1000 to £2500 depending on how much of your staying in hospital is required; though obviously the type of drug injected into you would also affect the price somewhat.
    ok im broke but i'm not going to be experimented on

ReputationRep:
    its the fourth of july 0.o
    me thinks you need a better job

ReputationRep:
    No offence, but that's a terrible suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Here let yourself be used as a human guinea pig with potentially fatal consequences for a short term financial benefit which in the long term is really not a lot of money/
    You could choose to take this stance but alternatively, you could choose to partake in this trial because you'll feel important advancing medical science. You'll also receive a month's salary in around one week, which is arguably worth your time, as I doubt the drugs injected you will do you any ill harm, either short term or long term, as they're intended for human use anyway.

ReputationRep:
    You could choose to take this stance but alternatively, you could choose to partake in this trial because you'll feel important advancing medical science. You'll also receive a month's salary in around one week, which is arguably worth your time, as I doubt the drugs injected you will do you any ill harm, either short term or long term, as they're intended for human use anyway.
    Take a look at this article, no way!
    http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...cineandhealth1

ReputationRep:
    I took a mans watch he told me watch so I went home and watched tele

ReputationRep:
    Are you being paid for every person you bring to be tested on or something? It seems you really want her to do this.. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I honestly dont think thats the answer for me, I would find the whole thing a little macabre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adielk)
    I honestly dont think thats the answer for me, I would find the whole thing a little macabre.
    Well you would look at the success rate of past trials before taking the risk. What if the death rate were the same as plane crashes - like one in one million - and I could argue that I find flying inside a metal tube equally as macabre. It's only macabre because it's new and you automatically dislike it, as you would a new flavor of food. Anyway, people like you only raise the price of trials, so stay away from them, so others can profit on your ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    Well you would look at the success rate of past trials before taking the risk. What if the death rate were the same as plane crashes - like one in one million - and I could argue that I find flying inside a metal tube equally as macabre.
    Success of a past trial does not have any effect on the outcome of future trial. The two are mutually exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Success of a past trial does not have any effect on the outcome of future trial. The two are mutually exclusive.
    Tell that to a plane full of passengers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adielk)
    I am totally broke this month and the month just began, all i wanted to buy was a pair of leggings.
    Paid my rent, paid my student loan, paid my monthly car loan and paid my groceries and i am broke. I need a new job for sure

Anyone else already broke for the month?
    The car is your problem. Why not get a bike?

Anyway, I'm basically broke because I keep buying expensive archery gear and don't have a job yet. I really need to get off my arse and find one.

ReputationRep:
    Tell that to a plane full of passengers.
    It's not my responsibility to ensure that passengers on a plane are aware of the risks when flying.

ReputationRep:
    Well you would look at the success rate of past trials before taking the risk. What if the death rate were the same as plane crashes - like one in one million - and I could argue that I find flying inside a metal tube equally as macabre. It's only macabre because it's new and you automatically dislike it, as you would a new flavor of food. Anyway, people like you only raise the price of trials, so stay away from them, so others can profit on your ignorance.
    Wow you have a funny way of looking at things, comparing flying to medical trials.
    No one is experimenting on you when you fly. No one is shoving chemicals inside your body. I'm not even talking about dying, but im sure there are negative reactions taking place in your body, just as most drugs have warning signs, nausea, headaches, heart palpitations the list goes on. Yes I am broke but I will not whore my body to science, but if that floats your boat go ahead frankenstein.

ReputationRep:
    Sell your car and get a cheaper one, there is very little reason to pay too much for a car when a cheap one works.

Look at all your incidental expenses e.g. lunches, coffees, phone contract, drinks, nights out etc. These little costs mount up to quite a lot over time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.