Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guy from tinder, if you use this... people help me find him? Watch

So my tinder crashed... and I lost the guy I was talking t0.
    It happened the other night too and I lost the 3 people I was talking to (I didn't think anything of it then, because I didn't really like them, so thought they felt the same way and unmatched me).

However, this happened just as he and I were about to swap numbers. I can't find him on facebook despite my awesome facebook people finding skills. Which means either a, his profile is private. 2. He was lying about some information. or 3. He doesn't have any information down on facebook.

So this is some information that I know that I can say without revealing either of our identities: We come from the same home town, although you come from 'the wrong side of the tracks' :P You are about to move back with your parents, to save some money but you are currently living somewhere in london. You attended KCL and start at a very well known prestigious firm in Sept. You are 22-23 years old. You also have amazing abs and you lift heavy. We both suggested we go on a picnic at the same time. If this is you reply, and I'll private message you

I can't believe with this amount of information I can't find him on facebook. I have 500 matches on tinder, and I've never really wanted to meet anyone off it till now... If he doesn't happen to use this and come forward, anyone have any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So my tinder crashed... and I lost the guy I was talking t0.
    It happened the other night too and I lost the 3 people I was talking to (I didn't think anything of it then, because I didn't really like them, so thought they felt the same way and unmatched me).

However, this happened just as he and I were about to swap numbers. I can't find him on facebook despite my awesome facebook people finding skills. Which means either a, his profile is private. 2. He was lying about some information. or 3. He doesn't have any information down on facebook.

So this is some information that I know that I can say without revealing either of our identities: We come from the same home town, although you come from 'the wrong side of the tracks' :P You are about to move back with your parents, to save some money but you are currently living somewhere in london. You attended KCL and start at a very well known prestigious firm in Sept. You are 22-23 years old. You also have amazing abs and you lift heavy. We both suggested we go on a picnic at the same time. If this is you reply, and I'll private message you

I can't believe with this amount of information I can't find him on facebook. I have 500 matches on tinder, and I've never really wanted to meet anyone off it till now... If he doesn't happen to use this and come forward, anyone have any suggestions?
    Use his first name and a location or education filter on Facebook if you haven't already tried

(Original post by Hyperplane)
    Use his first name and a location or education filter on Facebook if you haven't already tried
    I have, and he hasn't listed KCL as his uni. I looked at the freshers thing for his year, and they are liked pages, I can't see who liked them. Would this change if I liked them too (seems a bit extreme ha). I've tried entering two local schools, in for high school education to no avail too.

(Also A, if you are out there you are 6ft 3 and we agreed opposite heights attract ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have, and he hasn't listed KCL as his uni. I looked at the freshers thing for his year, and they are liked pages, I can't see who liked them. Would this change if I liked them too (seems a bit extreme ha). I've tried entering two local schools, in for high school education to no avail too.

(Also A, if you are out there you are 6ft 3 and we agreed opposite heights attract ).
    No, it doesn't change unfortunately. Did you try the location filter too, of his hometown and his uni address? If you happened to save a picture that he uploaded to tinder you could use a reverse image search and see what that turns up.

(Original post by Hyperplane)
    No, it doesn't change unfortunately. Did you try the location filter too, of his hometown and his uni address? If you happened to save a picture that he uploaded to tinder you could use a reverse image search and see what that turns up.
    Location filter, he is currently living in egham, I have tried that and london although I think london brought up 1000 people :/ He also doesn't seem to have listed the firm as his employer that he is starting at in september. I wish I could get the search to just pick up people with his full name not nicknames. I didn't purposely save a picture, is there anywhere it could have saved as a temp file on my phone? I hope if he doesn't read this and think a hhh stalker :L

ReputationRep:
    If you completely delete your Tinder account and then re-sign up and put the same search settings you had before then people you already gave a yes or no to tend to come up again. So if you both still swipe right for each other you could get him back that way potentially. It's a long shot but I've had that work.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what Tinder is, but if it's what I think it is, then can't you just find someone else?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.